Jus quick question

hi jus got a quick question I’m gonna be doing some interior trim pieces for a customer but he wants to keep the colour of trim so was wondering if I can clear coat everything and dip it n then clear coat after wondering if the film will still take hold to the clear same as any colour? 
Using OHW clear thanks in advance. 

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    use inter-coat
  • LinnyLinny Posts: 5Member
    Thanks very much almost made big mistake lol
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If you can dip it within 8-12 hours, you can use regular clear coat. If you need to stretch that out, then you default to innercoat. 
  • pitopito Posts: 19Member
    So to dip a piece and keep the original color of the peice, you would 
    1. Intercoat the piece
    2. Dip
    3. Clear coat.
    Is that right? 
    Probably completely wrong but as a newbie i'm just asking for future refrence.
    Thanks
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    Scuff then intercoat
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @pito You have to abrade the original surface... Hopefully that is clear.
    1. Scuff
    2. clear or innercoat (based on the window requirements)
    3. dip
    4. clear
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    (don't forget to wash it really really really good first)
  • pitopito Posts: 19Member
    @DeviousDips @WileECoyote @smedlin ;
    Washing and scuffing i got, it was just the whole dipping to the original color of the peice i wanted to make sure i understood. Thanks for the explanation fellas.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    pito said:

@DeviousDips @WileECoyote @smedlin ;
    Washing and scuffing i got, it was just the whole dipping to the original color of the peice i wanted to make sure i understood. Thanks for the explanation fellas.

Gotcha. But remember, years from now, someone will search this forum and read this post and will be less knowledgeable about the process. We tend to form our answers and be very specific about things like that with others in mind. Not to insinuate that you, personally, don't know to clean the part first.