Black / smoke candy concentrate

TroubleTrouble Posts: 346Member ✭✭✭
Where are you guys getting your black candy concentrate from? I tried big brains and it seems to have a purple / blue tint.
Thanks

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,673Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use ohw smoke candy
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,899Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something is wrong then.. black is my goto candy. And it's always been BB's.

I've gone thru a LOT of their bottles of it. Never had an issue.

(I have to ask.. guns clean and whatever your mixing it in is not tainted?)

I'd contact them, with a picture of what is going on...
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 346Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 14
    @smedlin yep gun was clean mixed in new PPS cup. I have had it for a while. Its black but in the sunlight it has a slight bluish purple tint.
    edited July 14
    @DeviousDips I have used the OHW years ago it was thenright shade of black. I quit dealing with them years ago due to high shipping cost. I use HOK for every other color unfortunately they don't have black.
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 549Member ✭✭✭
    Im not sure were u are located but ohw has $15 flat rate shipping now
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,673Member ✭✭✭✭
    @trouble have you looked at paintwithpearl.com 
    @DeviousDips I will check them out. I tried Dipspade black also and it also had a bluish tint in the sunlight. Thanks @PagesHydroDipping didn't know about the flat rate shipping just remember getting scalped years ago. I will check them out also I know their black candies are black
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,443Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I was using "Hot Hues" Charcoal Candy for a while and most recently went through Mark at OnPace Finishing and he got me some that works well also.
    I really would contact Dinette at BB and ask her about it.

Who knows.. maybe the candy itself is tainted.. and if so, she will probably send you a new one...they are good like that.

• Dinnetta_gobigbrainDinnetta_gobigbrain Posts: 196Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Hey there! Sorry that you're having an issue! The black is a pretty good seller but maybe it is a batch issue - all I can think of as to why it's purple/blue tinted. Can you send me some photos to our support email so everyone here can see it? [email protected] We'll fix the issue if we figure out that it's an issue!!
  • Dinnetta_gobigbrainDinnetta_gobigbrain Posts: 196Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I am wondering if you just did not mix enough into your clear (or midcoat) or sprayed it too light?
    I will see if I have any left and try it again. In the shop the big brain and dipspade looked black however both in the sun were blue or blue purple. Very old stock from when you guys first started selling candy. Customer didn't notice and loved it. I have a new project and was looking to see what's out there I need jet black
    Trouble said:

Very old stock from when you guys first started selling candy.

How old is old?