Fading film

SkinEDippinSkinEDippin Posts: 81Member ✭✭
I dipped up my mail box a mere 3 months ago and its already bleeding/fading out, not happy with this film, I think it looked great but it must have no UV protection in the inks? I used OHW base, RESPECT film from Liquid Print and PPG Clear Coat 2042. I dipped another mail box over a year ago with TWN's One Nations traditional (another flag film) and it hasn't faded at all using OHW and PPG Clear. UUGGGGHHH! thankfully this one is my own! Any thoughts?? Thanks

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,709Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Others have had same problem with that film and another flag film fading. I used @onehitwonder clear on my bugshield still looks good after 7 months 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,264Administrator El Jefe
    Stick with the TWN film?...lol...my thoughts..
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,311Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    And UV protection ALSO comes from the clear you spray. The cheapest clear you can find in a 5 gallon bucket is cheap for a reason...
  • SkinEDippinSkinEDippin Posts: 81Member ✭✭
    @WileECoyote this is not cheap clear coat, Ive sprayed it for many years in the body shops with never a problem before,
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,311Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @SkinEDippin because this has been an issue with others, it was meant as more of a general statement. But yes, reds seem to have a real problem in the sun, especially in certain types of film.
  • DarkHollowDarkHollow Posts: 87Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    I did mine the same way and YES it is already fading and thankfully it is my own, I also did my gun club license plate the same way and it to has faded, I did them months apart, 2 different film orders so they were not the same roll of film and they both have faded and turned a greenish color also.

Post edited by K2Concepts on
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,264Administrator El Jefe
    Fixed it for you...