can someone please help me

LostboyzLostboyz Posts: 20Member
i have a 7' pa hydrographics tank i purchased a month ago. and when i picked it up the guy i purchased it from already had it unwired...mu question is...
how many gallons is the 7'?
is this 220? and if so where do i wires go inside the control box?
where do i wire up the temp gauge?
how do i work the temp and timer to set them up?
any help would be great.. thank you

Comments

• LostboyzLostboyz Posts: 20Member
    edited June 27
    another pic
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,481Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Listen my friend... If you can't tell if something is 120v or 220v then you SHOULD NOT be trying to wire something like this. Get someone who is qualified to rewire this for you. You are playing with electricity and a huge tank of water that can kill you.

Just stop. Please.
    i understand that... but even a electrican doesnt know where the wires go.. i was asking a simple question i feel..
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe
    Call or Email Jake at PA Hydrographics...he will send you the picture of where the wires connect to...

@pahydrographics

Call or Email Jake at PA Hydrographics...he will send you the picture of where the wires connect to...

@pahydrographics

IVE TRYED for over 3 weeks
  • pahydrographicspahydrographics Posts: 125Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    We were on vacation for 2 weeks..... you need to hire a real electrician.... 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,481Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    This kind of thing is a combination of a water heater and a control panel. If you asked a residential electrician he likely will only know how to wire the water heater portion and know nothing about the control. A mechanical contractor will have more of the skills that you are looking for. If the people you are finding don't want to take the responsibility for it then that tells you something... What you thought was a great deal was actually someone else's fuckup, and now you are trying to fix what he couldn't. 

From your position, it seems like a simple question... Because you have no idea what can go wrong. We are in the position that we know what the results can be, THAT is why you are on this forum. To ask people who already know the answers their advice. You may not agree with it, or like it... But that's not how this works. I can tell you EXACTLY how to wire this thing (and have done it) and after seeing how simple instructions can be messed up or basic electrical safety is ignored I refuse to do it anymore, and advise others on this forum who may help to do the same. You don't have the education you need... You need someone THERE to help you or do it themselves... If you can't find someone, then you just have a real sturdy pool for the kids.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,901Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you can send the panel to them, have them fix it (for a fee of course)
    Not needed to send here we don’t operate like that. Nothing wrong with it either. He just needs a real electrician in there. It’s a simple 220 circuit and can’t make it any easier. People need to understand that this requires 50 amps of 220. 2 amps can kill you. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,445Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We see this same type of question numerous times each year, and our response is the same to everyone (nothing against you personally). Electricity can kill you, and we don't want to be responsible for that. You're wiring 50A 220V to a tank of water that you're going to stick your hands in... Not something to guess about. You'll need to make sure proper wire size is used, proper ground is in place, and proper GFCI breakers are used, in addition to following all code specific to your area.

I have a PA Hydro control box and it was not difficult to wire. Any electrical engineer should open that box and know exactly what he's looking at.
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    Do you have a picture of inside the control box?
    and YES im NOT trying to hook this up myself!.. i understand the danger that comes with it... i did call a electrical guy from the phone book. when he got here he was not certain of himself how to wire it up with out a manual or wiring diagram... IM NOT a electrican thats why IM NOT trying it... YES i understand its 220. BUT he did NOT feel comfortable without a wiring diagram..i understand what he meant...
    the ONLY wire i would see to hook up myself would be the green wire. because i noticed the old owner of the tank cut that wire.. so i feel common sense is thats where the green wire would go...
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 235Member ✭✭✭
    We bought our tank from @pahydrographics and had a commercial electrician come in to run the 220 and hook it up. He had no issues in doing so and had no questions either on how to hook it up. I hope you can find a commercial electrician in your area that can do the same for you so you can get up-and-running. Jake builds a great tank and head unit!
    I can tell you, that guy you called wasn't much of an electrician if he doesn't know where the power wire go. I would take another shot at finding a guy. Try someone with some industrial experience rather than residential, or again, a mechanical contractor.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,901Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity...

On PA tanks, does the 220 wire straight to the control box?

My tank (not a PA) came with a "power cord" which plugged into several places on the control box, and then plugged into the 220 "wall outlet".
    We hard wire ours because they are 50 amps.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe
    edited June 28
    smedlin said:

Out of curiosity...

On PA tanks, does the 220 wire straight to the control box?

My tank (not a PA) came with a "power cord" which plugged into several places on the control box, and then plugged into the 220 "wall outlet".

That is a piss poor design...nothing against the manufacturer but dealing with control wires every day for 32 years...stupid...draws the same amount as an AC unit and you don't see those "plugged in"...

We hard wire ours because they are 50 amps.

THIS!!!!!