Chrome film amazing possibilities

just tried my hand on some chrome films like I have never seen before on this forum or anywhere here are some pictures 

Comments

• studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,085Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! There have been a few discussions about that film. I sure am glad you posted pictures. Can you share the source with us?
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,920Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,475Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Wow! Now THAT is something I wasn't sure I'd ever see.... Very cool. It's actually not bad and hopefully it gets better!
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 238Member ✭✭✭
    Interesting. May I ask what supplier you ordered the film from? Looks like it may have some potential...
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,444Administrator El Jefe
    Yes give us a link please...
  • hydrographicsindiahydrographicsindia Posts: 401Member ✭✭✭
    @K2Concepts @studebaker @MidOhioHydrographics
    To be honest I don’t know the source yet ,it is from Taiwan that I know .It’s not like regular films I have used till date as it works without any activator.

There is this Taiwanese person near by who contacted me through internet and he got me the samples .I can find out the source from him he claims it’s his friend who made this and he wants to sell this as bussiness.

But here is some problems this does not work on solvent based paints and need only water based paints .When I compared it with regular chrome it is not as clear as chrome a bit hazy not very clear .

I asked him about the price of the film many times but did not get a answer for that I believe it is going to be a lot expensive then other films .But I will get to the source and share info as soon as I get it .As I see some potential in this as this is a environmentally friendly alternative to chroming 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,444Administrator El Jefe
    OK cool..thank you for the research!...
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,713Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe I seen Dan Zhang on fb advertising the films that take no activator. Just lay it on the water and wait for the 60 sec and dip. I'll try to find the video
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 959Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    pretty cool, but I'm not liking the small defects in the film.. I'd be interested too. but rather then dip a chrome look, why wouldn't a guy just go with super chrome, or similar product to get the same look?
  • WolfBandit30WolfBandit30 Posts: 26Member
    I have people ask if I can do a dipped chrome .I say no. I've never seen a film to dip and make something look chrome .if there is please advise. Alot of people around me would want it.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,537Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @WolfBandit30 if there was a cheap and easy way to dip chrome without the harmful chemicals the automotive industry would be falling all over itself to use it... 
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 192Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭

pretty cool, but I'm not liking the small defects in the film.. I'd be interested too. but rather then dip a chrome look, why wouldn't a guy just go with super chrome, or similar product to get the same look?

We tried Super Chrome... wasn't successful for us anyway. Spectra Chrome was a possibility but the initial cost is killer. We also tried Alsa Chrome. Same results at Super Chrome. Not sure if it was just me or what but I just couldn't get it to work correctly. I know guys have, I just couldn't get it down.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,085Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is my go to method for chrome jobs... Link to VVIVID Vinyl Chrome Wrap film. I always keep it in stock.

• onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,749Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got some chrome film samples on the way.....