Activator A question and print films — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Activator A question and print films

brenthbrenth Posts: 2Member
Hi all, 
Got a question im trying to print my own designs from home its pigment based ink. Now when i try dip the part and get to the rinse stage it basically runs and you can rub it all off, is that because you must use activator A on the film to protect it? 

Comments

• studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,932Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not necessarily. That is from the film being upside down on the water OR the basecoat is to hard to accept the activated ink.

But you MUST use a very light coat of Activator A (clear Laquer paint) just before you dip, because it will keep the activator from liquifying the ink.
  • brenthbrenth Posts: 2Member
    Odd i printed the film and when i peeled backing off the ink side faces up from the water correct? And so i clear the ink a few mins before dipping?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,092Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You could not possibly pay me enough to mess around with trying to print my own film, considering so many others on here have already got good processes already worked out.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,932Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, @brenth Backing side to the water. Just use less Activator A. And more Activator B. But more importantly dry the water out of the film, if it's too wet from the water in the ink it will hydrate too fast and break apart instead of stretching.