How to keep momentum. — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to keep momentum.

Hey guys! I'm in a slow period in my business. I had a few weeks and months where I was doing something everyday after my day job. Now its terribly slow and Im having a hard time getting people to commit to a job. I post on facebook and craigslist and I get a ton of responses and questions but no on follows through. Its frustrating.

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe
    It's a little slow all over seems like these days...you are not alone my friend...I am taking in jobs I really don't want just to get by...

How long have you been in business?...
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,690Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try car shows ,bike runs or even flea markets to help promote your business. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,257Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Same here. Had 5 guys full time 50 hours a week. Now down to 3 guys and not looking to hire anyone to replace the two. Lots of potential work on the horizon but that doesn’t help me now.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,230Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    This is the time where you get to look at improving your process, making it easier to run your business when its too busy to fix problems. Hard to justify spending money at this time... but it does pay off later.
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 332Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 8
    This time of the year is always a slow for us. I think people are focusing on vacation time it usually starts to pick up once the kids go to school. We had the same cycle when we had our hobby shop. Mid January busiest time of the year (tax refund time). starts slowing in June slow until late Aug /Sep increasing up to Christmas. I use the down time wisely. Fix stuff around the shop / home take a little time off Do maintenance on equip etc so I am ready when things pick up.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,350Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yea man it will get busy again! Kinda slow for me to right now , I just took on another big cup order ! 3 months ago I said id never dip a cup again...... o well
  • ShumansPerfrmnceDsgnShumansPerfrmnceDsgn Posts: 13Member

It's a little slow all over seems like these days...you are not alone my friend...I am taking in jobs I really don't want just to get by...

I have only been in business for about 6 months.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,257Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @ShumansPerfrmnceDsgn ... Be prepared... it's most likely going to get worse, then better, maybe much better, and worse again...

All the fun of owning a business. I have some very large names that we do repeat work for and it has been a very rough year. The good thing is every client is extremely happy with our work, and our pricing, just not needing anything dipped at this time.
  • OverCoatsOverCoats Posts: 350Member ✭✭✭
    Slow here too and like others have said, this time of year is notoriously slow. It’s a great time for maintenance, upgrades and golf =) =)
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,146Administrator El Jefe

I have only been in business for about 6 months.
    Man I would not be too downtrodden...it took most of us at least 3 years to get traction under us to make it full time...anything less and that's why you DON'T do it full time...

But if it's slow? Take a paint course from K2 Concepts to improve your skills and your process... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 944Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    We're slow too, but giving us time to get our new shop dialed in