Yeti Cups Are My Cryptomite

sonic89sonic89 Posts: 58Member
Every time I dip a yeti cup this happens. Do you guys have any recommendations on what I could be doing wrong for this to keep happening. 

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,307Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Feed into the film while rolling. You are just stretching the film too far
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,709Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out @DeviousDips he sells a jig for cups
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,835Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

Feed into the film while rolling. You are just stretching the film too far

Actually, looks to me like "on insertion, he went to deep" (Jim's mom!).. This causes the film to stretch and the cup to get wet..
    looch said:

I'm kind of on the fence on that.

I LOVE my the jig that @DeviousDips sells. It makes cups easy peasy

HOWEVER.....

I have no ideal how many cups I did in the past year+. Several cases. Several several cases. I actually stopped posting them, even to my fb page... just another cup.

to me, cups are a outstanding learning tool.

Painting/clearing cups is far more difficult than doing a "flat surface". You can't just lay a cup down and let the clear spread out.

Same thing with dipping. Doing it by hand, forces you to learn dipping angles and how to correctly "feed" into the film.

----

but.. if I was just starting out again.. yea, I'd "get @DeviousDips little tool". buy @DeviousDips rolling jig.

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,307Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I see what you are talking about @smedlin, I guess we need to know what side went into the water first.
  • sonic89sonic89 Posts: 58Member
     WileECoyote said:
    I see what you are talking about @smedlin, I guess we need to know what side went into the water first.
    Bottom side, should I go top side first?
    I assume you are rolling these... so the correct answer would be "right or left side into the water first"
    I assume you are rolling these... so the correct answer would be "right or left side into the water first"
    Left to right
    looch said:
    How much are these jigs?
    If the left side of the cup hit the water first, then @smedlin is right. You went too deep with the bottom of the cup, stretched the film too far and the cup got wet. Go in with less of an angle, or angle as you go in and then flatten out before you roll.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,617Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @looch
  • Sidewinder33Sidewinder33 Posts: 10Member
    @DeviousDips how do I get a cup roller?