Pump Advise

StriffStriff Posts: 43Member
Hi All,
Haven't really touched my tank much, but when I did it was tripping a fuse. Turns out I was getting an electrical leak from the pump, on more investigation the pump seal was not working, and was leaking water into the pump itself.

I don't really trust this pump at all, so looking for replacements.

I've gathered the following specs of the pump with the help from a local pump repairer / supplier (doesn't deal with Chinese pumps but is helping me identify the pump specs)

Has a flow rate of 1.5 m³/hour which is 25 Litres/minute. Has 18 metres head or the maximum pressure the pump is capable of, roughly 180kPa. The 0.55 is the motor kilowatts.

Now for my tank

The pressure from the nozzels is so great I use a valve to also re-direct some of the water back into the tank before the spray bar / nozzles.

So my question is, what would be a suitable replacement?

I was told, my current pump, for a sump pump that the flow rate is quite low. I don't fully understand as it seems more than enough for my set-up.

I was suggested the Davey D23A/B. It is 23 metres head & 40 Litres/minute would be the closest the repairer has he could sell.

But was checking if anyone else has other suggestions.

Would this even be ok? https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-750w-dirty-water-submersible-water-pump_p4816360

I'm located in Australia, so the pump needs to be 220-240 volts

Cheers
Post edited by Striff on

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,344Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I use a swimming pool pump from a local store. Once you get the plumbing changed over, Most pool pumps drop right in as replacements using the same plumbing hookups. Convenient when the pump goes out and I have a few thousand parts to dip. I always keep a backup pump on hand, but can still just run down the street and pick one up whenever needed.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,255Administrator El Jefe

I use a swimming pool pump from a local store. Once you get the plumbing changed over, Most pool pumps drop right in as replacements using the same plumbing hookups. Convenient when the pump goes out and I have a few thousand parts to dip. I always keep a backup pump on hand, but can still just run down the street and pick one up whenever needed.

This...
  • StriffStriff Posts: 43Member

So the pump would be external?
    I'm not doing this as a business, well not full time and space is a premium so would prefer the pump to be internal to the tank.
    Like your idea though.

What specs is the pool pump ?
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,369Member ✭✭✭✭
    Flotech from northern tool
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,344Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Striff I used this one for a while:

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Wave-NE6171B-Replacement-Ground/dp/B00B4ZNL56/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526483276&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+wave+pool+pump

Worked just fine. And yes, external. Doesn't take up much room. Some people use submersible pumps in the scavenge side, but I have no experience with this type.

@Sreynolds mentioned Flotec and they are fantastic pumps as well.