The Tiz Dipped tank — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Tiz Dipped tank

tizdippedtizdipped Posts: 31Member
edited May 15 in DIY Tanks
Post edited by tizdipped on

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,019Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Everything being in the dip side is a bad idea. Bubbles come up off of the elements and get under your film. The rest is just there to bump your part off and leave a scratch on your newly dipped part... I understand this is just your attempt to get in to the game, just letting you know what I see.
  • tizdippedtizdipped Posts: 31Member
    Yes I had that issue with my last tank there is going to be covers over the elements tilted to send bubbles off to the rear of the tank that was my only idea to solve it anyway 😂
    And the tank is much deeper than it needs to be so I'm hoping I won't go to close to the elements and lights (hoping hehe)
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,612Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Why the lights?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,081Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    tizdipped said:

And the tank is much deeper than it needs to be

Until it isn't... LOL Watch some of Jim's videos of dipping bumpers and dashboards.
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 393Member ✭✭✭
    I have my elements in dip tank and they do put off lil bubbles but once i heat the tank up im good for a good hour or 2. Maybe cut them on for a min hear and there when the pump is running in between dips. Im not running production so im not in as big a hurry as some guys but i feel like if you insulate your tank you would be fine. @tizdipped my tank is 3.5 feet deep and i have hit the bottom before dipping 4 wheelers
    And im not sure those lights are gonna do you much good after a week or two of dipping

And im not sure those lights are gonna do you much good after a week or two of dipping

This
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,019Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    But that port hole will show the loveliest shade of green...
    Yeah I've been a little curious about that port hope. What is it for?
    edited May 16
    Its all a bit experimental relay i haven't seen it before so thought why not the hole was all ready there and I had to fill it with something so way not a window so i can possibly film the dip from underneath yes it will need lots cleaning but hey!! And the lights are for under water can't see the problem there? 
    tizdipped said:

can't see the problem there? 

Can't see is going to be the problem there.
    In all seriousness, whatever floats your boat.

If making that port hole into a window makes YOU happy...meh, that's really all that matters.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,946Administrator El Jefe
    Yea unless you plan on refilling that thing once every couple of days? The algae and the film residue are going to turn cloud that thing fairly quick...remember it's a standing, heated body of water...perfect for growing algae...
    Ok . Is there any type of safe chlorine that can be used that won’t effect my dips as I’m not using it as industrial as you guys I know you guy prob change water once a week where as mine is more like once a month as I’m just starting out as a small business what’s out there that mite help thanks
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,081Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    tizdipped said:

Ok . Is there any type of safe chlorine that can be used that won’t effect my dips as I’m not using it as industrial as you guys I know you guy prob change water once a week where as mine is more like once a month as I’m just starting out as a small business what’s out there that mite help thanks

Anything is fine. I used chlorine powder from a local pool store and that worked fine. But bleach is cheaper and easier to get whenever I'm out buying supplies. Add a cup or so every week. Clean it when the bleach starts not working anymore and it smells like there's a dead animal in there.

Clean it when the bleach starts not working anymore and it smells like there's a dead animal in there.

Whenever it smells like Jim's mom.. I know it's time to clean the tank.

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,946Administrator El Jefe
    edited May 17
    smedlin said:

Clean it when the bleach starts not working anymore and it smells like there's a dead animal in there.

Whenever it smells like Jim's mom.. I know it's time to clean the tank.

Ninja please...your head is so far up your butt your ain't smelt nothing but your own a-hole since high school...

Well I went to fill the tank for the first time and it leaked from one of the elements! I don't know why as it was sealed to an inch of it life lol so drained it dried it sealed it lots more so now just giving it plenty of time to cure 😢
    Let me guess... you using silicone sealant?
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,280Member ✭✭✭✭
    @WileECoyote , u beat me to that one .... but im guessing the same
    Its the first thing people reach for...
    Yeah 😏
    Was all I had lol
    Well @tizdipped u might wanna rethink that bud....
    silicon and hydrographics go together like cocaine and waffles ....
    Should be ok I've used it plenty of times before it's not to close to the element elements it's self I'll just have to keep an eye on it
    Never tried that sounds like fun tho 😂
  • Fejery4491Fejery4491 Posts: 131Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 18
    It's not the heat of the element they're concerned about. They're concerned about that paint problems that are going to happen because of the introduction of silicates. My advise? Get All of it out of your tank and remove any silicons from your dipping area all together.
    Post edited by Fejery4491 on
    Silicates cause fisheyes. Once the silicone is fully cured, not an issue. But always a potential for problems. Silicone caulk, WD40, Silicone spray, other lubricants, french fry grease on your fingers, etc. can all cause paint problems. Be careful.