Some recent powder coat builds

getemkustomsgetemkustoms Posts: 73Member ✭✭

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,437Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Looking good!
  • getemkustomsgetemkustoms Posts: 73Member ✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics Thanks.. learning the process of hydrographics on powder coat is giving me a run for my money.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,392Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! IDK much about powder coat, but couldn't you powder the part shoot a clear intercoat , dip, and clear ?
  • getemkustomsgetemkustoms Posts: 73Member ✭✭
    @Sreynolds I'm assuming you could, but most of my customers want powder coat clear for salt water protection - jet skis
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,392Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah , salt water is a bugger.... Im sure other clears will stand up to it tho
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,464Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Most good clear will hold up to salt water. Mixing powdercoating and hydrographics is tricky. Some people swear they have the process down, but it usually involves undercuring the powder temporarily.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,380Administrator El Jefe

Most good clear will hold up to salt water. Mixing powdercoating and hydrographics is tricky. Some people swear they have the process down, but it usually involves undercuring the powder temporarily.

This...