Tank — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tank

hi I’m new to the group and its very informative forum thank you all for what ya do! I have a home made tank that i do my things on I don’t do it professional just for the family anyway how do ya go about keeping the water clean and clear? Is it ok to use like pool cleaning things? Does anyone have a video on this subject? 

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,581Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Do you have a spray bar that washes the excess film over the a scavage tank? Or do you just have a tank holding water?
    Go to the video section here and you will see how a tank is supposed to operate. 
  • sosatonysosatony Posts: 35Member
    Thank you so much I’ll look for it. Man ya do respond quick I think I’m going to like this forum!!
    Yes you will learn alot from this forum. I would suggest to use the search bar for common questions, watch the videos and read as many of the threads as you can. Lots of information here. And if you want to alert someone that you are talking to them put the @ on front of their name like @sosatony
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of us (me including) when the water starts to get smelly, will toss a bit of bleach in there.

And others, have a rule against putting anything in their water.. no outside stuff.

• sosatonysosatony Posts: 35Member
    does it have any kind of effect to what you dip?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,204Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    The junk in the tanks won’t hurt. We dip hundreds of meters of film before changing. Our tank is about 525 gallons.