remote control car cover — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

remote control car cover

dippedhydrodippedhydro Posts: 92Member ✭✭

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,937Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Nice! Looks very clean. Good work.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,454Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice
  • schidroschidro Posts: 344Member ✭✭✭
    @dippedhydro, did you dip the inside of that or the outside? TIA
    btw, what base color is that?

i have that same film.. that color looks good
  • 3monkeyshydrodip3monkeyshydrodip Posts: 811Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    .........Green hahahaha

.........Green hahahaha

• dippedhydrodippedhydro Posts: 92Member ✭✭
    Julip green from an old 1976 Holden sandman I did outside I warned him it will get ruined but he didn't care if I did inside he would only see base coat lol
  • schidroschidro Posts: 344Member ✭✭✭
    Some people just don't understand. Did you try to explain you would dip the film layer 1st then the base? Kinda like a reverse operation.
  • dippedhydrodippedhydro Posts: 92Member ✭✭
    Can u do that? I thought the film had to bite into a layer hence the base coat?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,937Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @dippedhydro some substrates are chemically reactive to the activator in the same way the base paint is. ABS plastic and Lexan/polycarbonate are both usually fine to dip to directly.
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 324Member ✭✭✭
    Or you could spray intercoat then dip then base
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,761Administrator El Jefe

Or you could spray intercoat then dip then base

And there ya go...
  • SkinEDippinSkinEDippin Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    But doesn't the film have to be printed in reverse too then?? depending on the films pattern- full color vs little color?? thought i had read that, here some where. Kind of makes sense, other wise your painting over the finished side??? I don't know some patterns will work this way but I don't think all patterns will work this way.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,761Administrator El Jefe

But doesn't the film have to be printed in reverse too then?? depending on the films pattern- full color vs little color?? thought i had read that, here some where. Kind of makes sense, other wise your painting over the finished side??? I don't know some patterns will work this way but I don't think all patterns will work this way.

Noo...you are over thinking it...normally? The base gets laid down first...then the film on top of that to get its color from underneath (the base coat)...when you lay a clear intercoat FIRST...then film...there is still no color (CLEAR INTERCOAT remember?)...so you still need a base coat for color and not to bond to...

Savvy?...

Probably not but I will draw out something on Skitch tomorrow for you and you will see what I mean...it's 11:00 and I got to get to bed...5:00AM comes way too early these days...