burning skulls

JltcooperJltcooper Posts: 8Member
I am having an horrible time trying to get the ink to act right. My water is good I am using the hydrogator and my soak is 60 sec(also tried a little more AND less) to see if that helps. The ink is cracking like i am not putting on enough activator but I assure you I am. this is THE ONLY print I have a problem with. ANY help would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,392Member ✭✭✭✭
    Pics ??
  • JltcooperJltcooper Posts: 8Member
    Sreynolds said:

Pics ??

sorry so large lol
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,048Member ✭✭✭
    Is the film old or crunchy? I had that problem wth one or two of the TWN films.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,741Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long after you activate are you letting it sit underactivated doesn't always mean adding more activator.  
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 549Member ✭✭✭
    How old is that film? How has it been stored? Lookes like the ink is dried out. Next time you try put a piece on the water and give it a quick spray with activator then let it soak. Whats happening is the film is expanding faster than the ink. Giving it a quick spray will soften the ink up.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,038Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @PagesHydroDipping is correct. The film is too dry, and is expanding too much as soon as it hits the water. Along with his suggestion of immediately applying a light coat of activator to soften the inks so it will expand with the film and then fully activating it at the normal time, let it sit out and acclimate to the ambient humidity for a while (30-60 minutes) before you place it on the water.

You should also, let the rest of that over dry roll set out in the ambient air and get a little humidity in it do this won't happen again later. The ideal humidity level in the film/air should be 55%.

Is the film old or crunchy? I had that problem wth one or two of the TWN films.

it is "crunchy" But not old and it goes straight into a temp and hum. controlled closet
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,334Member ✭✭✭✭
    Been a lot of issues with TWN film as of late
    thank you all for the input going to give studebaker and PagesHydroDipping idea a shot I am hopeful! I will let you know what the outcome is!!! Cheers
    IceMaster said:

Been a lot of issues with TWN film as of late

agreed this is the ONLY kansas I have had issues with
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,392Member ✭✭✭✭

This film was basically doing the same thing to me on a gun barrel. I done a complete gun with it a couple months before with no issues. Im pretty sure it wasn't the film, it was where it was stored. Now....... I was able to still use it in the end. I noticed that when I activated the film, a few seconds later after it glassed out it would start ''cracking''. You will have to have a good light above the tank to see this.... So, to correct it I activated and immediately dipped as soon as film glassed out. Wasn't how I like to do things or how things should be done but it got me buy. Hope this helps
    Update.... NO GOOD NOTHING WORKS
    Sreynolds said:

This film was basically doing the same thing to me on a gun barrel. I done a complete gun with it a couple months before with no issues. Im pretty sure it wasn't the film, it was where it was stored. Now....... I was able to still use it in the end. I noticed that when I activated the film, a few seconds later after it glassed out it would start ''cracking''. You will have to have a good light above the tank to see this.... So, to correct it I activated and immediately dipped as soon as film glassed out. Wasn't how I like to do things or how things should be done but it got me buy. Hope this helps

this is what i am doing literally dipping like 3-5 sec after activated. Tried to activator at the begining of the soak.... Nothing is workinmg
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,741Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let it sit longer after activation try 20 to 25 seconds before you dip 
  • alphalokgraphicsalphalokgraphics Posts: 29Member ✭✭
    Try to warm water to 38c.