Mobile inflatable paint booth — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mobile inflatable paint booth

pblizpbliz Posts: 184Member ✭✭✭
Just wondering if anyone has bought or tried one of these? My current 5x6 pvc paint booth is not working as good as I would like and I’m looking for something that isn’t permanently mounted. http://www.hnjoytoys.com/

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,950Administrator El Jefe
    There's one for sale in the "For Sale" section...

Click Here!
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 295Member ✭✭✭
    @pbliz I have real a 7ft open face from JC metal fab that works great. Last year I got a short term contract and need more space I looked into several options and a inflatable seemed like a great solution it immediately gave me more room but it was a waste of money. HnJtoys service was great and construction was also good for the price.

First issue was was power failure. I had asked this question to several manufacturers all assured me that this was a concern customers have but they had never had any bad feed back or heard of loosing power being a issues. We had a power failure and it came down fast. Luckily my RV was parked close by and I cranked up the generator and got it inflated again.

Second Issue the air flow. The 2 110v blowers put out plenty of air but its just not enough to carry the over spray out like it should. We could not keep a lot of parts in the booth at one time like we intended without overspray getting every where.

Last but not least was we had a afternoon shower and it collected rain and collapsed. I did learn how to stop that but not sure how it would hold up in a heavy rain if it were set up.
    My recommendation is don't waist your money on a inflatable. You can get a real Paint booth fan from JC metal fab and construct something. The one that Jim posted may be a better solution or a Shop pro. I am really interested in the shop pro myself to put in a building I may be moving into however I need to see one in operation before I purchase it.
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 184Member ✭✭✭
    @Trouble , thank you for the write up and your experience with the inflatable booth. I will definitely check out JC, and see what options are for shipping to Canada. I like that setup @K2Concepts , just a little pricey for my shop setup .
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,026Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If it is using the fans to keep it inflated, then it is pressurized... Which means overspray is coming out of EVERY opening, and going to land on EVERYTHING in your shop
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,950Administrator El Jefe

If it is using the fans to keep it inflated, then it is pressurized... Which means overspray is coming out of EVERY opening, and going to land on EVERYTHING in your shop

This...