Tekna ProLite Users!! — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tekna ProLite Users!!

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,316Member ✭✭✭✭
Hoping there's a couple Tekna ProLite users in here that can answer a question. With the needle valve screwed ALL the way in, do you still get fluid out of the gun?

I'm asking because I bought a used one for clear coat. Couldn't figure out why it was always dumping so much on items, no matter what the setting. Today I noticed that even with the valve screwed all the way in, I can still depress the handle and draw the tip inside the gun. Put some water in it and found even with it closed off, I get a huge fan pattern of fluid. So obviously I'm guessing something is wrong here but no idea what

Comments

• LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 912Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 184Member ✭✭✭
    After cleaning my gti pro lite (same model as tekna pro lite) . I will screw fluid needle all the way in and then back off till 1st threads show. This is suggested by Devilbiss and I haven’t had any leaking. I do know it takes a bit of force/aligning getting needle back into gun so the seal is quite tight.
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 992Member ✭✭✭
    Take the needle out and look at it very closely. If there is a ring around it right near the tip, the previous owner may have screwed the fluid knob in too tight, causing it to leak past.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,316Member ✭✭✭✭

Take the needle out and look at it very closely. If there is a ring around it right near the tip, the previous owner may have screwed the fluid knob in too tight, causing it to leak past.

But leaking isn't the issue. It actually sprays fluid just like the needle valve has been opened a turn, even when the needle valve is screwed all the way in. On my air gunsa's, if I have the needle valve screwed all the way in, I can't depress the trigger enough to move/open the needle.

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,148Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Something to check. Is your packing nut too tight? Could be preventing the needle from moving freely and not pushing forward enough.

Something to check. Is your packing nut too tight? Could be preventing the needle from moving freely and not pushing forward enough.

I'll have to give that a check. I do know that when the trigger is not pushed, you can see the tip of the needle valve sticking in the hole of the cap. I've emailed Devilbiss about this, just waiting to hear back. I'm guessing this is why he sold the gun and "forgot" to mention this
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,015Administrator El Jefe
    I dont know of any gun that still flows material after you “seat” the material needle... 
    Sending it in to have it checked over. Wish people could be honest when they sell you something :(
    edited March 6
    well this should be interesting. Apparently this gun, the needle valve knob was not manufactured correctly and doesn't allow you to fully close the needle. But now they're telling me they'll email me a quote to repair it?? Not sure why I would have to pay to repair a manufacturing defect.......

**Update after posting this. So just got a bill emailed to me for $170 to replace a fluid needle KNOB that was manufactured improperly. Really? This makes absolutely no sense to me. It wasn't made correct from the start. Why should the buyer have to cover this? Am I missing something?
    Post edited by IceMaster on
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 992Member ✭✭✭
    That's just crazy. That's over a 1/3 of what I paid for my Tekna Pro Lite.
    IceMaster said:

well this should be interesting. Apparently this gun, the needle valve knob was not manufactured correctly and doesn't allow you to fully close the needle. But now they're telling me they'll email me a quote to repair it?? Not sure why I would have to pay to repair a manufacturing defect.......

**Update after posting this. So just got a bill emailed to me for $170 to replace a fluid needle KNOB that was manufactured improperly. Really? This makes absolutely no sense to me. It wasn't made correct from the start. Why should the buyer have to cover this? Am I missing something?

You or I can probably get the part for a hell of a lot less...

IceMaster said:

You or I can probably get the part for a hell of a lot less...
    Agreed!! I can order it from the UK and have it at my door for $20. But it's the principle of this that is bothering me. Such a cheap part and they want to charge me for it even though the original is defective
    Principles are for people who have both money and time to burn...and you and I have neither...pay the $20 and get the gun fixed...you got bigger fish to fry...
    You know you live in Canada when they want to charge you $73 for one hour labor to change a fluid control knob......lol

@K2Concepts, part is on the way. I've got better things to blow $170 on ;)
    edited March 14
    Well be interesting to see how this goes. Had them send the gun back to me and ordered the fluid needle cap from the U.K. myself. But yesterday the gun shows up and now has more issues then when I sent it to them. Now, as soon as you hook an airline to it, air shoots out the tip without even touching the trigger
    Sounds like you blew a seal... Like @smedlin 's mom...

Man that never gets old...

@IceMaster Man you might have to buy a rebuild kit now for that thing...get yourself a PDF of the exploded view of the gun and double check that they put it together correctly...sometimes those jokers put the seals in backwards or they destroyed a seal pulling it apart...we were in Ohio and @smedlin screwed his gun up by monkeying around behind the trigger and destroyed a seal on a brand new gun by putting it together incorrectly...took us awhile to figure it out...but it can happen to anyone...

Keep us updated
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,685Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    @K2Concepts , yeppers, as I was reading your post, before you even got to me, i was thinking that sounds like what I did.

Was when I had first got the gun, I took it to BB with me for training.

Sean showed me how to clean it.

When I got home, and used it and cleaned it the first time myself.. i was like.. wow, look at all these parts that can come off!

Then I was like.. wow, look at all these parts that have to go back on!

I ended up turning one of the parts around and mushrooming the seal.

It was the Iwata LPH400. A $500 gun..and.. I had 2 of them. That I cleaned. And broke. Both of them.

Luckily not long after that, was the Ohio class, and I took one of them with me.

Working together, Jim and Sean was finally able to figure out what I did.

Part of the growing pains.
    @K2Concepts - since it was taking so long for them to respond to me after telling them the issue they caused with the gun, I decided to have a look at it. I took out the housing that the fluid needle runs through and their was a crap load of what looked like petroleum jelly. I cleaned most of it out, put it back together and now it's back to the way it was before I sent it to them. They must have had so much in there that it prevented it from working properly. Now, just waiting for the fluid needle Knob to show up from the U.K. and I'll "hopefully" have a nice gun for clear coat
    New fluid control knob came in today and seems to have fixed the issue. Now to try it out with some clear coat :)