Cheap tank build — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap tank build

cbugcbug Posts: 13Member
275 gallon tank, 250 gallon aquarium heater,12v boat bulge pump 1100 gph plumbed to pvc spray bar....total $60

Comments

• cbugcbug Posts: 13Member
    52 c 52
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,509Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 12
    Your gonna want the water level about a half inch above the holes in the spray bar. It will work alot better in my opinion 
    edited February 12
    I agree.....I tried them level with water an it would goal just a little... raised water level and it took care of it @DeviousDips
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 967Member ✭✭✭
    I see no scavenge area. Where does the unused film and floating stuff go?
    @norcalfrank. I have a screen (not pictured) that sets at an angle and the spray bar pushes the debris up on it
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,081Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Just scoop out the debris. No sense in getting complicated with a setup like this. You're not running production and cycle times arent' as important. After 4-5 dips just use a pool net to scoop out the crud and carry on.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,946Administrator El Jefe
    edited February 12
    Ya gotta wonder when a post entitled "Cheap Tank Build" ends up posted in the "DIY Rinse Station Questions" category...

And yea moved it for you...