Sata 5000 RP 1.3 for activator ? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sata 5000 RP 1.3 for activator ?

Hi guys i’m a beginner in the domain and i want to know if my sata 5000 RP 1.3 is ok for activator ? ( Sorry for my english :P )

Comments

• schidroschidro Posts: 346Member ✭✭✭
    I have the Sata 4000 Ed Hardy 1.4 and love it for activator. Spayed so much better than my DeVilbiss.
  • HydrodipDesignHydrodipDesign Posts: 32Member
    edited February 9
    Hvlp or rp your sata ? With rp i must surely do my pass faster ?
  • schidroschidro Posts: 346Member ✭✭✭
    Mine is HVLP. I have not used the rp. Will have to let one the REAL dippers to answer that question.
    @k2concepts can you help me with that ? And what is the best pressure for Superbrew activator with 1.3 RP ? I use that gun for clear but at the price it cost if I can use it for activator I will :P
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,081Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    That is a fantastic quality gun. I wouldn’t use it for both activator and clear. Buy a dedicated activator gun. The 5000RP will most certainly Work, but I would save it for Clear and get a Devilbiss GPI for activator.
    Thanks @MidOhioHydrographics i will keep my sata for clear and i’ll check devilbiss for activator .. 1.3? 1.4? 1.8 ? Which is the best ?
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,022Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Best tip size depends on your technique. If you have a faster pass, you will want a bigger nozzle. Best would be to pick one, and learn to use it well. Watching your film is a WAY better way to determine how you are doing.
    Ok thanks @WileECoyote ! I paint car since over 10 years devilbiss hlvp for base and sata rp for clear but i’m a newbie in hydrographic and i just want to go to the best way for the activator i think i will buy a gpi 1.4  and will see ..
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,022Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Biggest hurdle that creates inconsistency, is improper setup of your gun. If you can do that... you are halfway there.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,946Administrator El Jefe
    You should be fine with a 1.3 or 1.4...and yes that 5000 is WAY too nice of a gun to be using for activator...
    @K2Concepts thanks i’ve decided to keep my sata only for clear !