little lost

Ive been getting back into the booth and having a hard time getting a decent pattern on paper with a consistent flow of material. im using some cheap auto zone HVLP guns could this be a big part of the problem you get what you pay for? And also wondering some recommendations for a solid choice on a paint gun,primer gun and activator gun as well just want to see what you guys prefer. thanks

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 625Member ✭✭✭
    We use air gunsa. Not the best on the market but they good guns. We also started out with cheap guns and you will tell the difference as soon as you pull the trigger the first time.
  • Bill86Bill86 Posts: 28Member
    Probably the cheap guns. How much are you looking to spend?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,733Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Air Gunsa is the minimum I recommend. Great guns for the price.
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,055Member ✭✭✭
    Look at the ANI F150 and ANI R150 full size and mini guns. Real nice guns and great price. I've been shooting the mini guns for about a year and a half and love them. Just bought one of the full size guns to paint a couple of trailers with single stage urethane bit haven't used it yet.

For a full size clear gun, I like the Devilbiss Tekna Pro or Pro Lite. Its half the price of a Data, youllmget mjltipul tips and caps, and its half the price.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,821Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Activator GPI , Paint, ANI full size, Clear LPH400 or ANI mini, Primer I use a cheap HF gun. 
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 194Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

Activator GPI , Paint, ANI full size, Clear LPH400 or ANI mini, Primer I use a cheap HF gun. 

What he said.... I bought my activator gun from K2. Comes set up and ready to spray. When your ready to buy paint try out Hydro Solutions... Great stuff and activator to boot. Hit me up. I'll get ya set up.
    www.mielkewaycoatings.com
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,773Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a set of LVLP guns that can use a small pancake compressor - wide fan, and great for activator
  • Dcerasoli123Dcerasoli123 Posts: 46Member
    @Bill86 i dont have a lot of cash on hand but im not really setting a limit on wht to spend i would really like to turn this into a business when im ready so i want whats good and whats right. @onehitwonder i saw those the other day and am thinking about purchasing one for sure. @DeviousDips @mielkewaygraphics thank you guys for the feedback paydays on friday so ill be eatin noodles this month lol. Oh and im using paint from liquid concepts what do you guys think?
    @norcalfrank if im doing stuff like guns,rims,manifild covers etc ( smaller projects ) would the full size ANI be too much for me?
    @PagesHydroDipping i know once i stepped into some quality graphicss the dips have been getting way better so im hoping ill experience the same with the guns thank you brother.

@norcalfrank if im doing stuff like guns,rims,manifild covers etc ( smaller projects ) would the full size ANI be too much for me?

You can always dial back the fan size and flow a bit and paint smaller stuff. I did that for awhile, then bough mini guns for just that work.

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,647Administrator El Jefe

The mini's just work...Like Frank, I did the full size for years until I finally got over myself and bought a mini...now I absolutely HATE grabbing a full size gun because the mini's just work better...
    ^^^ This! ^^^