K2 Forums Talks Yearly Maintenance

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,336Administrator El Jefe

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,393Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Calibrate your CO monitors, grease your exhaust fan blades (makes paint removal WAY easier), scrape your exhaust ducts (improves air flow and efficiency), and check your bulbs in your booth.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator

grease your exhaust fan blades (makes paint removal WAY easier),

I wish I would've done this
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,046Member ✭✭✭
    Good info!
  • SaguaroSaguaro Posts: 31Member
    Make sure to check the belt tension on your air compressor as well. They stretch over time. A loose belt will cause your motor to overheat.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,879Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its about time for me to change the oil on the compressor.

it's an IR 80G 2 stage.. How do I get the oil out? May sound stupid, but being serious.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,393Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Guessing there is fitting somewhere sticking out of the bottom of the motor. Look for an 1/8"-1/4" fitting somewhere. Typically just drain and fill. Best idea is check YouTube, unless someone has that particular one on here.
    edited January 26
    Ah, I think I found it. I drew a red arrow to it.

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 537Member ✭✭✭
    @smedlin thats probably it. Unscrew it and see what happens lol.
    That looks like the one. Then you fill in that white cap, generally till it gets to the bottom of the threads in the hole
  • SaguaroSaguaro Posts: 31Member
    If its been a while you may want to run the new oil for a week and change it again. Compressor oil generally doesn't have detergents. $5 in oil is a lot cheaper than a new motor, plus it gives you an idea of how bad the oil was. Sometimes people will start changing the oil more regularly after they see what's coming out of their motor.
    Today was maintenance day.

I changed the oil on my bike, and as long as I had the "oil sucker thingy" out, I changed the oil and air filter on the compressor.

I should have it awhile awhile ago. The compressor oil was black and the filter was nasty. Shame on me. I'll probably do it in 6 months, instead of a year.