Printing film from home

Hey guys I am new to this thread and I tried to do some searching before making a post. But I have a Epson WF-2530(Pigment) printer and I loved the color while printing out labels for my business but there was lots of lines in the print so I just picked up a Canon Pixma Pro 10. All the lines are clear but my colors come out real dark. Quality is better on the Cannon but Color is better on my EPson. It is used and I figure it sat there for a bit and the ink cartridges are dead. I have brand new black and gray cartridge in there and 4 more of the 10 total cartridges are half full. Seems like an amazing printer. And when I start to mess around with the color profiles I am able to get some good colors and a huge difference in colors. But if any of you guys can give me some tips on setting up a good color profile and printing from photoshop would be great. If there is a better software also I will purchase it if needed. I just want to get the best prints I can from this printer before my actual PVA film gets here next week. Anything helps.....

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
  • SaltyCityHydroDipsSaltyCityHydroDips Posts: 10Member
    Is there a certain paper type that I need to pick for PVA film? I am just printing test runs on my gloss photo paper. Here is the prints.
    edited January 19

Post edited by SaltyCityHydroDips on
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 3,020Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Canon Pixma 10 is an excellent printer for photographic quality prints, but it uses DYE inks to achieve that quality photograph like prints. And DYE ink won't work for hydrographic printing because there aren't any ink particulates to transfer to the basecoat.

The Epson workforce printer you have uses pigment ink and will work for your project. They have a tendency to have the black ink clog up more than any other color. It's just a matter of running the cleaning cycle on the black only many times to get the lines out of your print.

Also, you need to print your image in mirror, so the image is right side up on your dipped object.

Remember to post pictures of your dips with the prints you make, good or bad... Let us know how your experiment turns out!
  • mountain_mikemountain_mike Posts: 801Member ✭✭✭
    That printer isn't going to work for film. May as well put it on ebay. I know thats not the answer you want but it's the truth. You'll be posting after you get your film asking why the print comes off in rinse and if you try and run pigment inks in it you're just going to ruin the printheads
    Thanks so much guys! Look like Im gonna have to keep my Canon to print my product labels and I will try my Epson for film. I thought the canon did take pigment from what I researched. I found replacement pigment cartridges that I already purchased but Its been hard to find ink. Probably because it doesn't take it! Dang it! Thanks guys I will keep you updated with my prints.