Dodge Hemi Engine Cover — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Hemi Engine Cover

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,303Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 13 in Before and After
This was a fun project! I added the video because a lot of times pics don't do a piece justice...

Post edited by IceMaster on

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,438Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That really looks good.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,303Member ✭✭✭✭
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 323Member ✭✭✭
    Nice work. Looks great. How many dips?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,932Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Well done! That’s a lot of work!
    edited February 11
    @PagesHydroDipping - Thanks, believe I did this in 6 different dips. Then the air brushing on top of that

@MidOhioHydrographics - thank you sir. And you're right. Was a LOT of work and tedious taping etc. I learned a lot doing this that's for sure!!
    Post edited by IceMaster on
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 93Member
    Nice. I like it.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,408Member ✭✭✭✭
    GIves me inspiration to do my 300C
  • Hotlizard55Hotlizard55 Posts: 3Member
    Is there a market for SEMA show?
  • DallenDallen Posts: 1,680Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    really nice
  • dipper57dipper57 Posts: 366Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Nice work!
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,761Administrator El Jefe
    Man that's a lot of work...great job!...
  • baconbacon Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    It's a shame it goes under the hood!
  • SkinEDippinSkinEDippin Posts: 68Member ✭✭
    That looks awesome, I can tell you put some time into that, Wow.
  • cbugcbug Posts: 13Member
    That’s looks awesome... did my engine cover on my F150
    Would like to ask you guys, looking at the piece I did above, what would you have charged to do exactly what I did. I'm being told I over charged that guy, which I don't believe I did. Would like to compare to some of your answers.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Thats $500-$600 all day long. If you can get that quality cheaper someplace else... Better jump on that before that guy goes out of business.
    Well I was close then. I charged him $400 but only because I offered to do some of it pro bono. Needed a piece out there in my area to show it doesn't have to be just one pattern.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @IceMaster Go to an automotive bone yard and grab some of these types of things. Do them for your samples and show them to people. When someone shows your work off... the second question is "how much?" Even if he tells everyone that this was a discounted price for advertising, the next guy is going to want the advertising price too...
    Have a question regarding other parts for the car that belongs to the engine cover above. He brought me a few other pieces to do in the same CF pattern. Fuse box cover, shock covers and the fan shroud/cover. I know the shock covers, you would do them so the CF goes / and \ but would you do the shroud and fuse box cover with the CF going same direction as the engine cover? Or would it depend on what side of the engine bay the piece is on?
    IceMaster said:

Have a question regarding other parts for the car that belongs to the engine cover above. He brought me a few other pieces to do in the same CF pattern. Fuse box cover, shock covers and the fan shroud/cover. I know the shock covers, you would do them so the CF goes / and \ but would you do the shroud and fuse box cover with the CF going same direction as the engine cover? Or would it depend on what side of the engine bay the piece is on?

I have an interest in this answer. I'm getting ready soon to do a lot of stuff from under a hood.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,569Member ✭✭✭✭
    I try to have customers take pictures of how parts go in car so you can dip it so all flows  or with valve covers which end is front and back
    @looch , I actually do have pictures like you mentioned but I remember I think watching one of @K2Concepts videos about making CF look symmetrical on certain parts. Wasn't sure if having the CF flow all the same direction was the way or not. Makes sense though now that I think about it a bit. But, since there are 2 shock covers, one on each side of the engine bay, would they both flow the same direction or / \ instead?
    edited April 9
    Was just looking at some images of engine bays hydro dipped in CF on Google. I can honestly say that the ones that have it going in different directions don't look near as nice as flowing all one way. Maybe just answered my question ;)
  • ForsiForsi Posts: 164Member ✭✭✭
    That turned out great - nice work!
  • 3monkeyshydrodip3monkeyshydrodip Posts: 811Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @IceMaster from what we have seen on most high end vehicles (lambo, ferrari) if its just the engine covers only most go in the direction of the center to the car. If its more parts all goes in the same direction toward the driver. Hope that helps.

If its more parts all goes in the same direction toward the driver.

That's interesting. And if so, really good to know. Really good. Could others chime in on that?

I've more than once thought about how all that lays out. Knowing that can really make things simple.

If so, mind blown it's not been said before.

Now, one question.. does that mean simply "front to back'.. or "all lines point at driver", cause it's not the same thing.

@3monkeyshydrodip - "most go in the direction of the center to the car", you mean straight from front to back? I personally would never do that and the reason being, look at this pic as an example. IMO, that cover on the right side, looks like crap. Doesn't even look like CF, looks like checkers

Not a fan of multiple directions either

Yea, looks funky with things going different directions.

• 3monkeyshydrodip3monkeyshydrodip Posts: 811Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    Sorry for the confusion. Lines should run in the direction of the driver. If you are standing in front of the vehicle facing the motor the lines run from your left side to the steering wheel. now if you are doing a set of valve covers only to say a small block 350 only go from headlight to center/rear of engine.