The Death of FaceBook

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
edited January 12 in K2Forums.com News
So what do you guys think of Zuckenburgs' announcement of the new policies of Facebook? Facebook Zero? End of Facebook News Feed for pages? Mark has said he is "cleaning up" Facebook...wow...

Most of you guys will experience an 80% drop in reach and interaction...due to explore feed...

QUOTE!:

Because space in News Feed is limited,

showing more posts from friends and family

and updates that spark conversations means

we'll show less public content, including videos and other posts from publishers and businesses

Not saying I told you so...but...

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never yet advertised on facebook.

I'd be VERY happy to see much less spam post.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,731Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facebook is the plague of the millennials glad to see the drama end
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    I'm not a schoolgirl or soccer mom, so I don't use Facebook. :|
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    NotSoFast said:

I'm not a schoolgirl or soccer mom, so I don't use Facebook. :|

I love facebook. It helps me to keep in contact with friends and family.

The people who every day post what they have for dinner and what time they take a shower, I "unfollow" them pretty fast.

but, right now, way to much advertising on there.
  • SpinnerSpinner Posts: 167Member ✭✭✭
    My main advertising platform for these hydrographic mutes is on FB.

https://www.facebook.com/TrumCorMutes/?ref=bookmarks

It's way easier to update pictures and manage the shifting inventory in the FB Shop than through our website. Plus, I'm in TN and the business headquarters are in Dallas. All the regular stuff is sent to Dallas and distributed out and I handle the custom stuff here through FB. So, yeah, I'm worried about traffic and advertising dollars.

The beauty of FB is that it's free - no fees or anything. And ads are fairly cheap, easy to create, and you can control what you spend.

I have noticed my personal feed is more personal. But some advertisers that I have "liked" are still coming through. Lots less garbage news and junk.
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,291Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't advertise on FB, but it is nice to talk with people 2,000 miles away that I went to school with. Other than that, no thanks
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 953Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    We have a fb page for the company, that's Ricks area of the business, as I don't do Facebook, and know nothing about it. He will do a boost occasionally which costs peanuts, to get the word out there occasionally. In that regard its good, but as usual, politics finds it way into their platform. The libtards, are so over the top with the gun control b.s. and face book falls right into this nonsense. Rick had posted pics of an Ar 10 that we had dipped in a snow camo which happened to be the lead picture of the page. They denied his boost due to the pic of the gun. He took it down, and retried the boost and miraculously his boost went through. It's funny how if it's a bunch of liberal garbage someone spews, it always gets put out there, but the minute a conservative, posts something it's not allowed or it's frowned upon. Total b.s.
  • dipdemondipdemon Posts: 109Member ✭✭✭
    I Think They are doing this simply to force you to pay something to be in the feed you currently find yourself in for free.
    If you do not mind paying a few buck's the good new's is you go from being seen with 10 other guys doing what you do to 1 or maybe 2 or none.
    I do not think this will influence you guy's much who are reaching out locally to provide decorating services .
    I always recommend asking your customers to post pics of there gun's etc, you did on there personal page with your contact info , it works better then posting on your own page to be seen by new people and not your regular followers and will pull new lookers to your page.