Max. Inlet PSI — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Max. Inlet PSI

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,197Member ✭✭✭✭
Have a question regarding paint guns. I picked up a DeVilbiss Tekna Pro (GTi Pro Lite) and on the cap it has "Max. Inlet 26psi". Does that mean they don't recommend anything over 26 psi? A couple reviews I watched for this gun, they both said they found just over 30 psi to spray clear coat nice. So I just wanted to ask about this to be sure. A lot of this spray gun tech talk is new to me.

Also, this gun came with a HV30 cap, TE20 cap, 1.3 tip, 1.4 tip and 1.5 tip. I'm thinking for using it with primer, I would use the TE20 cap and the 1.4 tip. Would that be what you would recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    That’s the pressure AT the cap...not into the gun...there’s a Gaige that can measure that but it’s expensive...nonetheless just adjust it to 30 at the inlet base of the gun and you will not be above that pressure notation...

That’s a pretty nice gun to be shooting primer with...1.4 is fine as long as you are shooting a sealer primer but I would not use it for a “filler primer”...
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,197Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 9
    @K2Concepts, I got to thinking about the primer part and when you said "That’s a pretty nice gun to be shooting primer with", I'm starting to agree. I did purchase it for clear coat but got thinking, with all the tips is has, might be a good gun for both. And yes, it's just a sealer primer I use mostly. Maybe I'll just stick to my cheap Husky gun for the primer.

Thanks for the reply!
    Look for a TE10 cap for that thing if you are going to be shooting clear...pretty sure that’s what they recommend...I will double check when I get to the shop and get back to you...
    edited January 9

Look for a TE10 cap for that thing if you are going to be shooting clear...pretty sure that’s what they recommend...I will double check when I get to the shop and get back to you...

Ok great, thanks

This page I found earlier suggest the TE20: https://sprayfinishingstore.com/products/spray_gun/gti-pro-lite-what-is-the-difference-between-te10-te20-hv30-and-t110-air-cap/
    OK the T110 is the one we were told to purchase...so that's what we got...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,664Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    No matter what gun you are using and what the recommended pressure is, you should be constantly trying to adjust your guns for efficiency. Most guys like to have their gun dialed in and just leave it and never move the dials... And half the paint goes out the stack in overspray and you never actually learn how to spray. Learning how to set up a gun will solve half of the activator problems I hear from people, and save you money and time every time you paint...not to mention additional time in buffing (which everyone hates)
    What he said...and the T110 is the most forgiving so that's why we got it...my son ALWAYS resets his fan and checks his pressure when he goes into the booth...
    I too always reset my gun because after I clean it, I completely close the needle valve and everything, so it forces me to reset it. Same as my psi. I just wasn't sure what the "Max. inlet" meant, so wanted to ask. I'll check out the T110 @K2Concepts, thanks for getting back to me
    While we're on the subject of primer guns, what gun/guns would you guys recommend for primer without breaking the bank? Right now my primer only gun is a cheap Husky gun with a 1.4 tip and it works pretty good but thought about going up a little higher in quality
    I would not waste any money on a primer gun...if you got one? Use it until it doesn't work...
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,180Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    I use an AZ3HTE with a 1.8 tip. It's just for Primer.

I got it from k2's shop

http://www.k2shoponline.com/az3hte2-2-p/w0spg80ag18c.htm

• versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 158Member ✭✭✭
    I would not waste any money on a primer gun...if you got one? Use it until it doesn't work...
    This, or 3m accuspray.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,664Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I suggest those guns that everyone bought at the local hardware store, thinking that the guys doing this were foolish to spend so much...