Dipping Bow Cams — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dipping Bow Cams

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,320Member ✭✭✭✭
Have a question for anyone that may have dipped bow cams. Do the bearings have to be taken out? Pretty sure bow bearings are sealed but thought I better ask to make sure

Thanks

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Smitty has done a fair share of bows. I’ve only done a handful and never the cams.
  • mountain_mikemountain_mike Posts: 801Member ✭✭✭
    Yea you got a lot of factors to consider on the cams. Some of them are weighted so you have to be careful you don't throw them out of balance and i don't think i would get paint in the track for the strings either because you could put the bow at a greater risk for derailment. I probably wouldn't even do the cams
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah I have Cerakoted some, but never dipped.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    I normally advise against it. The bearings are sealed, we used to run a rope in the track to keep it free from paint. For the most part though, I never warranted them because the cams are always dug into the dirt and take some good abuse. If anything, Cerakote is the way to go to match the cams to a new paint job.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,337Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yep like @MidOhioHydrographics said , cerakote them
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,320Member ✭✭✭✭
    okay thanks