Pigskin Playoffs Prognostication Wild Card Weekend — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pigskin Playoffs Prognostication Wild Card Weekend

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,782Administrator El Jefe
edited January 10 in K2 Contests
First off? Allow me to thank each and every one of your guys that stuck with watching football this year. I know it was a dividing event for many and those feelings obviously ran deep through the year with many giving up watching altogether. This truly saddens me for the hurt caused.

For others being able to put aside some of those feelings was in itself a divide between heart and soul.

Never the less? The season continued and there was some really good football played...which is what many of us live for. Now that it is over? Many of us will remain glued to the TV for the remaining games. Many will be licking the wounds of a poor season...perhaps even looking to see when their team will hire a coach...or quarterback...or both? Stories I am watching:
Where will Gruden end up and for how long?
Who will take the Arizona Cardinals head coaching and who will be the QB there?
Will Eli Manning make an exit from NY?
Will Dez Bryant take a pay cut?

Will my Vikings FINALLY let me out fo the "Box Of SHame" I have endured since I was 11 years old and fell in love with the "Purple People Eaters" and that crazy QB Fran Tarkenton...

And goodness knows all the other "One and Done" drama in the coming weeks...

Yes you heard it...the season ending Pigskin Pick Em is ON...the rules are slightly different for this...so pay attention.

Up for grabs is one of the ANI Mini guns of your choice... 1.2, 1.0, 0.0 or the new 0.5...

The winner MUST pick all 4 winners of the games this weekend...
Titans v Chiefs =
Falcons v Rams =
Bills v Jaguars =
Panthers v Saints =

Entries MUST be in before the games start Saturday @ 1: 35 PM...
Contestants must be a member of this forum with at LEAST 20 posts...TWENTY
In the event of a tie? Winner will be decided by random drawing...
Winners outside the US must pay shipping to their address...

Feel free to post this up on FaceBook for those that hang out there (for whatever reason)...lol...

Now LET'S GET IT ON!!!!...

Post edited by K2Concepts on

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,419Member ✭✭✭✭
    My picks are Chiefs, Rams, Bills, Saints. 
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,867Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited January 3
    I am taking Titans, Falcons, Bills, and Saints... But only for bragging rights, if I win, I don't want it to count. And I am already picking the Vikings to lose next week.
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Chiefs, Rams, Bills Saints.
  • schidroschidro Posts: 344Member ✭✭✭
    Titans, Rams, Bills, Saints.
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 93Member
    Chiefs. Rams. Jaguars. Saints
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,782Administrator El Jefe

And I am already picking the Vikings to lose next week.

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,867Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    What can I say... I deal in facts. I am only basing it on the overwhelming evidence that has been presented.

Nah...you are a bitter little hedge hog like all GB fans...

but hey...it's always a good sign when management starts firing the coaching staff left and right...or not...

• SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs, Falcons, Jaguars, Saints
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,475Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    I want to pick the cowboys :(
    I guess we will just have to wait to see who gets the axe in Minnesota till next week... Of course that usually means someone screwed up. Choking in the playoffs standard procedure.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,475Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Chiefs, Rams, Bills Saints
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 190Member ✭✭✭
    Titans
    Rams
    Jaguars
    Saints

Sometimes new things are a good thing(especially with Green Bays Defense), a lot of people put in different places in that organization...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,948Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Browns, Indians, Cavs, Ohio State
    @MidOhioHydrographics that is just too dang funny
  • boomboom Posts: 117Member ✭✭
    Chiefs
    Rams
    Jaguars
    Saints

Browns, Indians, Cavs, Ohio State

Yeah, like the Browns will win anything.
    It is good to see that everyone so far picked the Saints. Brees got another record-breaking 4000+ yard passing season while they had TWO running backs with 1500+ yards on the ground. The offensive line is greatly improved and all of this is happening with a TON of very young players. Lots to look forward to in the future.

I guess we will just have to wait to see who gets the axe in Minnesota till next week... Of course that usually means someone screwed up. Choking in the playoffs standard procedure.

Says the expert in choking...but since you are living in the past? Lets recall some recent history shall we?

Packers season ending chokes:
    '93 Divisional Playoffs=Lost to Cowboys
    '94 Divisional Playoffs=Lost to Cowboys
    '95 Conference Championship=Lost to Cowboys
    '96 SB=Won
    '97 SB=Lost to Broncos
    '98 Wild Card=Lost to 49ers
    '01 Divisional Round=Lost to Rams
    '02 Wild Card=Lost to Falcons
    '03 Divisional Playoffs=Lost to Eagles
    '04 Wild Card=Lost to Vikings
    '07 Conference Championship=Lost to Giants
    '09 Wild Card=Lost to Cardinals
    '10 SB=Won
    '11 Divisional Playoffs=Lost to Giants
    '12 Divisional Playoffs=Lost to 49ers
    '13 Wild Card=Lost to 49ers
    '14 Conference Championship=Lost to Seahawks
    '15 Divisional Playoffs=Lost to Cardinals
    '16 Conference Championship=Lost to Falcons
    '17 Lost season

The Packers should be changing their name to "The Whackers" because you guys seem to get "Whacked" everytime you get to the playoffs...

Kinda the kettle calling the pot black...Suck it GB fan...
    @K2Concepts Just for kicks and giggles, who do you pick for this week's games?
    NotSoFast said:

It is good to see that everyone so far picked the Saints. Brees got another record-breaking 4000+ yard passing season while they had TWO running backs with 1500+ yards on the ground. The offensive line is greatly improved and all of this is happening with a TON of very young players. Lots to look forward to in the future.

Either that or everyone really hates the Panthers =)
    @K2Concepts
    wow thanks for reminding us Packer Fans how dominate they have been over the last couple decades. Looks like a pretty good run so far if you ask me!

@K2Concepts
    wow thanks for reminding us Packer Fans how dominate they have been over the last couple decades. Looks like a pretty good run so far if you ask me!

No worries...always pleases me to see the "Whack" crap the bed anytime...especially year after year...lol...
    NotSoFast said:

@K2Concepts Just for kicks and giggles, who do you pick for this week's games?

Chiefs in the first one...don't think the Titans have a chance without Murray to take the pressure off Mariota...on the other side Kareem Hunt is going to go off...Chiefs win 28-17

Rams in the second one...you never know what guy is going to show up in Matt Ryan anymore...too inconsistent and he needs to have a HUGE day...Aaron Donaldson is going to wreck that Falcons game...to me...Rams at home...home is worth 2.6 points for any home team per stats...I think it might be a shootout so I give it to the Rams but maybe 34 to 28?...

Bills vs. Jags? I don't trust any team that backs into the playoffs...Tyrod Taylor needs to have a huge game but I think the Jags will torture that guy...Bortles is going to give Tom Coughlin a heart attack if he throws another pick 6 but I think they get it done...low scoring game here...17 to 6

Oh boy...well I still gotta go with the Saints because I think it's really difficult to beat a team, ANY TEAM, 3 times in one year...but the Panthers have not been playing well at all so...I would say the Panthers have a very good chance to upset...McCaffrey needs to have a HUGE game to take the pressure off Newton...Saints are going to stuff Kamera right down the Panthers front 4 and that will give Thomas a chance to have a great game...I say 42 vs 31 to the Saints...

So Chiefs
    Rams
    Jags
    Saints

And the Packers still suck...lol...
    And now we get to the Viks.  Who in that same time frame made 6 fewer playoff appearances... That's more than half a decade of sitting at home watching your c*©ks shrink. And in that same time period you have the 1998 season. With Randall Cunningham and Randy Moss. That sh!t talking, goal post defiling, "never was"... Oh so close. 15-1... But that wasn't enough to make it past Atlanta was it? The ONLY 15 and 1 team to not make it to the Superbowl. That one must still sting a little...

Or how bout 2000… when the Giants handed them their own a$$ on a platter in the championship game and made them eat every last bite? 41-0? They must have forgotten some players at home or something... There is just no excuse for that.

But you know, in 2003 they really had a chance, till they had the Cardinals down to 0:00 and 4th and 28... And they sh!t the bed. Seriously... They LOST that game. I know it's hard to believe... But it's possible.

Then some stuff happened on a boat. Some guy named Brent threw an interception. And once they sucked so hard, the roof caved in. And then Ponder, I won't say he was as bad as Mandritch... But it is a close second place on top of the crap pile.

So much potential, and still nothing... I sincerely hope they pull something out of their big purple a$$ this year. Cause I have no vested interest in this season, and just maybe "defenses win Superbowls"... 

Fan is short for fanatic... And that is a mental disease...  And you would have to be crazy to cheer for the "Purple Penis Eaters".

Oh gee...17 chokes versus 4...yea doesn't take a genius to figure out who chokes more...

And no GB isn't dominant...Patriots going to the SB 7 times and winning 5? THAT'S Dominant...GB getting to the threshold 17 times and SUCKING?...Yea GB just sucks...

Oh I love the smack...

But at the end of the day? Yea GB has had a hell of a run...2 back to back HOF QB's does not happen per chance...they did a hell of a job getting Rodgers...I still think Farve fell in their laps...but I do think Zimmer has finally brought to the Vikings a "Belichick" type of coach they sorely needed ever since Denny Green (AKA Grimmace) got canned for getting them on the doorstep and losing...

And yea I still lose sleep over that game with the Falcons...and I will NEVER forgive Billick for getting "cute" with the offense and losing that one for us...jack a$$...

Game time in 45 minutes...I wish all you guys a win...let's see how it all pans out...
    First 2 games were great games. I was suprised at the outcome of both. Chiefs / Titans game was a battle
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 93Member
    Well... I am 0 for 2 after 2. I really stunk it up.

Well... I am 0 for 2 after 2. I really stunk it up.

You ain’t alone brother...

I am taking Titans, Falcons, Bills, and Saints... But only for bragging rights, if I win, I don't want it to count. And I am already picking the Vikings to lose next week.

And in the most weirdest stroke of fate? @WileECoyote is the only one left alive...nice job brother...