Those that use a POS system — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Those that use a POS system

SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
Have you considered using a cloud based system? I was emailed by Kounta about cloud based POS. I currently have an NCR unit, that works fine, and its in house. I would like to hear from people that use either.. All opinions welcome... Fire away

Comments

• WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,666Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I use POS systems all the time... but I don't think it's the kind you are meaning...
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    I just use "Paypal Here"...without the chip reader...it was free and they don't charge a monthly fee...just a percentage of sales...and we never do enough to really justify doing anything else...just not that much walk-in traffic for us...
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    I use it more for inventory control. It takes a while to set up, but its cool once its going. I barcode film rolls and paint, input how much total I have, I can check out so many feet at a time, check back in what I dont use. Track my paint, have one touch buttons for jobs that never change, keep a constant update as to when I need to order things, and stuff like that.
    I can set it up to email invoices, or run them through Quickbooks.
    At any given time I can look and say how much crap is here not making me money, and its total value. But, I'm never caught quoting a job without resources. I can also track my hours, so I can see that my business is taking too much of my time. It literally saves all my time wondering how much of a certain film I have on hand, and will alert me that I have to order more. My NCR box cost me 400 on Egay... Then I needed a barcode printer. I make my own serial numbers and track usage and whatnot too.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    ^^ Great information, Smitty. Even w/ the amount of production I run, I still just guess on amount of film I use and what is left on a roll. Damn I need to get better at this stuff...
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    You could possibly do the same thing with xcel and a scanner, but I was sitting in the bar talking to the owner about his and his inventory management and just went and bought the system, a barcode scanner and I just keep all the codes on xcel.
    For those of us that have 800 prints at 200m per print sometimes... It's handy to know where your at...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,702Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I completely understand. I have about 50 production rolls, some are same print. Then enough small rolls that I don't want to count them. I need to figure something out. Definitely going to look into this for next year.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,460Administrator El Jefe
    edited January 3
    Inventory control is never a bad idea...too many of us (myself included) do not perform this task adequately at all...

If it doesn't sell?...

Inventory control is never a bad idea...too many of us (myself included) do not perform this task adequately at all...

If it doesn't sell?...

Then someone will ask for it the next week... LMAO never fails.