Cajun Speed Shapes — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cajun Speed Shapes

SpinnerSpinner Posts: 120Member ✭✭✭
Waste not,  want not, I guess?
It's amazing what kind of ideas come to.you after too many beers.

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Posts: 120Member ✭✭✭
    ...or should I say " after just enough beer."
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,464Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    ahahah.. that's outstanding
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,850Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another "thinking outside the shell" idea! This could be a new income source for you. I'll bet a tourist shop would buy a bunch of them with your state custom printed on them. Those tourist will but anything as a memento of their travels!
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,947Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I love it! You could probably sell the heck outta those from a beach cart! Sounds like a great way to make some extra cash in retirement!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,417Member ✭✭✭✭
    Those came out slick!!
    Yeah,
    Folks down there will buy anything with a fleur de lis on it.  ;)
    Should have taken more shells home with me...

Thankfully, I have a good pipeline.
  • RodBuilderRodBuilder Posts: 13Member
    Those are slick!!!
  • ShannonShannon Posts: 78Member ✭✭
    I did these two mud crab carcasses for a friend, he mounted them on floats and gave them as a birthday present to a mad fisherman who already had everything. Everything except dipped crab shells.
    @spinner did you have any trouble with the film sticking? Took me a couple of goes and had to some adhesive spray in the end.
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 285Member ✭✭✭
    Let me know if you need some help eating those crabs. Lol
    @Shannon,
    So far so good.
    After eating them, I boiled the shells, washed with dawn and let dry. Then sprayed with ohw and dipped. At this point they all look great.
    @Spinner nice I pretty much did the same except no paint. Mate wanted to keep the red she’ll look under the carbon fibre. That’s why we ended up using a clear adhesive spray.
    I didn't consider leaving the boiled crab color. Some are really pretty. An intercoat clear would give a dependable base for the dip.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,864Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Shannon good chance that print is going to lift. I would coat it with some 2k clear (if you can dip it within 8 hours) or like @Spinner suggested. Its the only way you can be sure of the bond.
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,222Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5
    Hell this is a win win situation in my book ..... Go have fun catching crab, drink beer and cook crab, drink beer and eat crab, then sell crab for beer money!!!! nothing wrong with that ..
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,768Administrator El Jefe
    Sreynolds said:

Hell this is a win win situation in my book ..... Go have fun catching crab, drink beer and cook crab, drink beer and eat crab, then sell crab for beer money!!!! nothing wrong with that ..

• SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    Spinner said:

Yeah,
    Folks down there will buy anything with a fleur de lis on it.  ;)
    Should have taken more shells home with me...

Thankfully, I have a good pipeline.

Man I miss Maryland now...
  • 3monkeyshydrodip3monkeyshydrodip Posts: 814Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    @Smitty its -7 here today believe me when I say there is nothing in Maryland your missing lol.
    @WileECoyote once I used the bonding agent and got the film to actually stick I did finish with a clear coat
    @Spinner it does look good the natural colour with a transparent film, even more unique and allows to see natural markings on the shells too. The to shells I did were about 18cm across 
    Here are just a couple of quickies to test out my new vinyl cutter...

The orange color is the boiled.crab shell.
    Smitty,
    I bet those.Louisiana crabs taste just as good in Maryland as they do in LA. :) LOL
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,417Member ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work
    Looks good, what type of crab are they?
    Blue crabs.