Bubbles

norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,046Member ✭✭✭
Dipped two stocks this morning. Both exactly the same materials, both same result.

What is happening is after I dip and let it sit for a minute, before I rinse I can see bubble forming under the film. When I rinse, I get what you see in the pic.. I'm at a loss as I haven't had this happen before.

Ohw paint which has been on the stocks for a couple of days
K2 super brew
90 degree water
60 second soak, 2 passes, glasses out
Maybe 10-15 seconds dwell time to dip
Twn kryptek Typhon

Post edited by K2Concepts on

Comments

• norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,046Member ✭✭✭
    That should say 60 second soak, 2 passes and glasses out. Sorry, I posted from my phone.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Under activated. Slow your passes or add one, or let it dwell a little longer before dipping. Test w/ some speed shapes so you don't have to keep redoing the stock.
    edited December 2017

Under activated. Slow your passes or add one, or let it dwell a little longer before dipping. Test w/ some speed shapes so you don't have to keep redoing the stock.

Well I thought under activated. But I did do a speedshape before starting and it worked fine. I'll try more activator. Thanks.

On edit, do you think activator looses it's potency after awhile? The SuperBrew I'm using is about a year old and has yellowed in the container some.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,407Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Just underactivation, different results from a smaller piece because you are applying it differently in a smaller area. Unless you leave the cap off the activator, you will be fine. It only evaporates, doesn't really lose it's effectiveness.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah I think it's just that you're inadvertently laying on less when doing a larger part. It's common and I have been guilty myself plenty of times.
    Man, I have had nothing but problems today.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,342Administrator El Jefe

Yeah I think it's just that you're inadvertently laying on less when doing a larger part. It's common and I have been guilty myself plenty of times.

This...and the yellowing is caused by the aging of the "aromatic" in the activator...does not affect the activator in any way...

This...and the yellowing is caused by the aging of the "aromatic" in the activator...does not affect the activator in any way...
    Thanks Jim!