Heat for plastic rinse tank.

TroubleTrouble Posts: 343Member ✭✭✭
Has anyone put some type of heating divide in their homemade plastic rinse tanks? I have a Rubbermaid trough approx 70 gal. It is taking forever to rinse in this winter weather

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,619Member ✭✭✭✭
    Throw a cheap aquarium heater in to warm it up a bit. 
  • schidroschidro Posts: 366Member ✭✭✭
    I have a heating element that's 120v that has a plug on it. I think it came from a anodizing setup. It would do the job. I will look & see if I can find where it came from.
  • TroubleTrouble Posts: 343Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 3
    I put an Aquarium heater in it and works fine. No more ice in the morning Thanks
  • schidroschidro Posts: 366Member ✭✭✭
    Guess I threw it away. A bucket heater or something like that should work fine. Just remember to keep the rinse water temperature lower than the tank temp. I keep mine around 70ish.
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    schidro said:

Guess I threw it away. A bucket heater or something like that should work fine. Just remember to keep the rinse water temperature lower than the tank temp. I keep mine around 70ish.

Why does the rinse temp need to be cooler than the tank temp?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,268Administrator El Jefe
    edited January 7
    Smitty said:

schidro said:

Why does the rinse temp need to be cooler than the tank temp?
    You can burn the print if the rinse tank is too warm...this is a common mistake when some guys use a water heater inline for their rinse cycle....

So it doesn't have to be...we just advise guys to be careful...