Water base VS Solvent base... — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Water base VS Solvent base...

hydromathydromat Posts: 71Member ✭✭
Wich one to choose and what is their positive and negatives side

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    Lots of info on this...I recommend the search bar...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,165Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yeah, that kind of response could take hours to type. You are just going to have to do your own research. Although if you look at the guys who do this the most... They have BOTH in their shop, and know how to use them both well.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We use both. Primarily Aqualac for production, but Custom jobs? Could be either on a case by case basis. The paint you choose should meet the following criteria (none of these are as easy as they sound, so research thoroughly)...
    1. Does it work with the hydrographic process consistently?
    2. Does it work with your process? (Acceptable Dip window for your project time frame?)
    3. Is it resilient enough for the application you are using it for? Adhesion? Scratch resistance?
    4. Can you source it in a way that allows you to be profitable and competitive?
    5. Can you use it safely?
    6. Once you have paints in your shop that meet the above requirements , Is it on your shelf in the color you need? :lol: sometimes this is the biggest factor for us!!
  • hydromathydromat Posts: 71Member ✭✭
    @MidOhioHydrographics you are the man!!...thank you for your positive way to show us the real deal...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,205Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I’m sure I missed things. It’s not as simple as that makes it sound, but it’s a good starting point.
  • LibertymanLibertyman Posts: 940Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    We use both, it all depends on what you are dipping
  • NWHNWH Posts: 43Member ✭✭
    My head hurts. :o