How the Hydrographics Business is trending over time.... — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How the Hydrographics Business is trending over time....

studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,850Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
Here's a link to the Google Trends page for hydrographics.... Do you guys see the charts as being accurate?

Link to chart... Google Trends Chart for Hydrographics

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,763Administrator El Jefe
    Hmm...yes and no...

Yes around 2013 was when @liquidconcepts was running his forum and I was helping...there was a LOT of interest and virtually no information.

No in the fact that our business has grown every year so the peak did not skyrocket nor have we decreased in sales to a 50% downturn...
  • SmittySmitty Posts: 731Member ✭✭✭✭
    I came in around June of 08, and I'd think most folks would have googled camo dipping, rather than water transfer.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,303Member ✭✭✭✭
    Google My Business needs to add a category for Hydrographics. They had me under hydroponics for the longest time but now under painting. Don't imagine many people search "painting" when looking for hydrographics or water transfer
  • ShannonShannon Posts: 78Member ✭✭
    That is interesting, here in Australia it is still a relatively new concept compared to the US. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,941Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @Shannon then contact some domestic Australian manufacturers of.... well, damn near anything... and sell the process to them!
    Shannon said:

That is interesting, here in Australia it is still a relatively new concept compared to the US. 

I cant remember what his name is now, but there was a guy around Sydney that was famous for taking pics of other peoples work... He was a distributor too.
    @Smitty you mean trying to pass other people’s work off as his own? I know of 1 business in Brisbane is in hot water for using someone else business name to trade under and other dodgey activity like that. 

As I have only just started up myself that USB the plan. I was in the military for almost 15 years and am talking to a few contacts there at the moment. One of the biggest concerns I’m seeing from people here is how durable it is, they are worried that within 12 months it will buggered(faded or chip etc.). So a lot of my time with people is trying to educate them as well. But it certainly is gaining popularity though which is great.
  • dipdemondipdemon Posts: 109Member ✭✭✭
    I think that at the peak of the chart was when people was referencing goggle multiple times to educate themselves about Hydrographics and over the past 24 months people in general know more about it and not researching as much also back then eBay had like 2 pages of hydrographic products now it is like 2000 so now when you research once on google the adword's etc, slams you with products and information
    My business has increases growth every quarter and the industry is growing I still only see a few cars at car shows in my area with hydrographic decoration and fell that will increases more and more
    Shannon said:

@Smitty you mean trying to pass other people’s work off as his own? I know of 1 business in Brisbane is in hot water for using someone else business name to trade under and other dodgey activity like that. 

As I have only just started up myself that USB the plan. I was in the military for almost 15 years and am talking to a few contacts there at the moment. One of the biggest concerns I’m seeing from people here is how durable it is, they are worried that within 12 months it will buggered(faded or chip etc.). So a lot of my time with people is trying to educate them as well. But it certainly is gaining popularity though which is great.

Maybe Brisbane... He was big on Facebook.. I'll go later and see if I can remember who it is, cause I think I have him blocked.

• gardnerdddgardnerddd Posts: 220Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I actually think Hydrographics is still in its infancy when you talk product and consumer awareness. When you compare it to other decorating processes like Powder Coat or even Airbrushing it's not even in the same ball park. I believe in the next few years if this is positioned in the publics eye corretly, you will see companies explode with growth.
    @Smitty thanks mate, be interesting to know. At the beginning of last year when I was initially try to start up I contacted a few businesses here about training and a little help in setting up. As I said the one particular business in Brisbane which I discovered to be bad for legal reasons but the others weren’t much help either. It was like I was asking about the holy grail, everyone was so secretive or in one case a guy from Melbourne was so arrogant. Told me he could do training but wouldn’t be worth it as I wouldn’t last and so on. I understand competitive business being reluctant to help but the people I was trying to talk to for help were at the other end of the country so it’s not like I would be poaching their customers. I ended up getting onto a guy in Sydney who was great, I flew down there did training and still talk to him occasionally if I get stumped on anything. He said he had the same issues when starting out a few years ago.