Wich one to buy — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wich one to buy

Hi folks i dont know wich one to buy between the ani r150 mini or the az3 hte..as an activator gun?..

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the gpi from k2 and never have to worry about upgrading again . Well worth the investment 
  • hydromathydromat Posts: 71Member ✭✭
    @looch yes i would love but with the currency and the shipping it will cost about 600$
    Iam not on a budget but if i want all some corect tool i need to cut somehere..
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,066Administrator El Jefe
    I would not use a mini for activator...unless you are a girl and can't lift a full size gun...
    @K2Concepts so the az3 hte then?
    Yes the AZ3
    Must I buy his own hose or i can use my air tool hose...sorry about that im new to this and i want to do the corect move...surely a new hose with a water separater...thanks @K2Concepts
    Yes, you will need a compressor, hose, fittings, water separator, coalescing filter and regulator...and someplace to safely paint and clear coat would be nice...
    I do have already my compressor..and a place but dont know what is a coalescing filter
    Somebody here can send me a pic of your setup plz??
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,162Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I know you say you don't have a budget... But you do. You are already trying to look for the best place to spend your money on a gun... Most guys have ten guns in the shop, and use them for different reasons. You got a long way to go here, and if you are watching your pennies at this point... You might as well stop now. You are saving dollars while staring down the barrel of thousands.
    I just want to have a mid range equipement...not everyone have the best of the best on all their setup and they are able to do a good job....so why K2 sells other gun than the gpi...to after that say to the guy...hey man hydrodipping its not for you because you dont have the gpi and you want to save dollar.??..hummm dont tell that you never look at your wallet...well i didnt went somehere else than the k2 shop...and asked a model under the GPI....and asked to people to show me their airlines setup to help me how to build it...dont worry i know it cost alot...thank you for your advice @WileECoyote
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,204Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    You’re fine @hydromat! The Az3 will be just fine.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think what wile was trying to tell you, there really is no "hobbyist" equipment for this.

There is either low level stuff, or high level stuff. Not much in between.
    @smedlin i understand that...i just wanted to save a bit..if on 10 000 i saved 1500...its better than nothing...i will jump on the GPI..and it will give me nice dips and less crap so more $$ at the end
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,582Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you know how to read your films and read your spray patterns for paint and clear the Air Gunsa or the Ani works just fine. You don't need to buy a 500 dollar clear gun. I have an lph 400 and grab my 150 dollar mini ani to clear 90 percent of the time unless it's a big job. I shoot activator thru a GPI and an Air Gunsa with 2 different activators and I have no problems with either. 
    Well @DeviousDips i will give a try on the gpi as an acitvator gun after that it will gives me an idea on what to buy in the futur for the base and top coats
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,162Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Exactly @smedlin even the lower priced equipment that is available on shopk2 is pretty good stuff. You aren't going to find a $20 gun there, because it isn't going to work. 
    @hydromat I am not saying you shouldn't make good choices about your purchases, just that you are probably going to end up with both of those guns anyway, so flip a coin and get dipping. It is honestly more important that you learn to set-up and use your gun correctly, than which one you pick... Although the mini wouldn't be the best choice for activator.
    @WileECoyote ..I will do all my best to learn how to do it corectly..i am a tig welder and a cnc braker so i am able to setup tools...it gonna take time but i will suceed...
    Well!! This is what i received today!!

Great gun!...
    Thanks Jim!!
    @K2Concepts
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,672Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm i wonder who suggested that gun?
    Yes man @looch :)