Help!!

why it faded in cracked like that only in the areas that need stretchings...the blue seems to lost his pattern too..the darker colors are way better on it...no jagged hole at all only full of little teared cracks and fuzzy blue crap..
Water temp:90f
Soak time : 60 sec
Dwell time :15 sec
Hydrovator :1 pass 
Paint: OHW (Dipped after 45 min) and scuffed a little.
Angle:45 degrees

Underactivated??...bad angle???...crap film??

Comments

• hydromathydromat Posts: 72Member ✭✭
    this is the overall pictures...second dip of my life
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using aerosols? Yes?
    edited December 2017
    @smedlin ...No a gun
    The film looked like glass...maybe not enough the get the ink smooth enough
    Ive letted the film from .5 inch each side of my tank and 2 others thigten on my dams ...maybe over stretched??..
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    I personally think with hydrovator you tend to lose colors at the stretch points. Do you have access to a different activator like k2 superbrew, dip juice, Ink Drink from ohw. Any of those I think works way better than hydrovator. Or try cutting the vator with xylene
    @DeviousDips ..
    What is the percentage of xylene you suggest to me?..no I never tried others..after my quart i will step to K2 superbrew
    BTW, for a second dip, looks pretty good.
    Superbrew is my personal favorite. I think it is without a doubt the best on the market. When I mix xylene with vator I do a 1 to 3 mix.  2 part vator 1 part xylene
    edited December 2017
    @smedlin
    thank you man!!!..it happens when you are surrounded by some Jedis :)
    @DeviousDips
    Cant wait to try this brew...what does xylene do exactly?
    I use super brew also.

You should just go ahead and order some. I have 2 gallons of hydrovator (came with the tank), just sitting on a shelf. I've gone thru MANY gallons of SB.

@hydromat hydrovator is what alot of ppl consider a hot activator where superbrew, dip juice and others alike are consider cool activators. I'm not 100 percent sure what it does chemically but xylene makes it not as aggressive or hot. It thins it's or reduces it. 
    If you purchase superbrew you will see first hand the difference. Made a heck of a change when I switched. 
    @devious ...very interessing..thanks a lot!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited December 2017
    @hydromat Don't mess around experimenting while you are still new. Get some different activators and enjoy the luxury of consistency and the ability for others to help you troubleshoot. Mixing your own and you are ON your own...
    Post edited by WileECoyote on
    @WileECoyote ..sorry sometime i dont understand 100%..im french ;) when you say ..mixing your own and you are on your own..i suppose that means that if i do some mix..after that i will have hard time to find help to troubleshoot my parts??
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    @hydromat Sorry, I forgot you are French. Yes, that is exactly what I mean, for right now, just stick with products you KNOW work, you will have plenty of time to experiment later.
    @WileECoyote yes thats what i will do..i use all what i need to use to avoid problems...thats why I fired my ex girlfriend ;)