Film fail?? — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Film fail??

So I have diped numerous times but have not had an issue like this. I have ordered from 2 different vendors with the same film and have the same issue. I know i have sticky side water down, temp at 80f but as soon as i it it with activator it disinigrates and does not become sticky just anoying curls of crap.

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 177Member ✭✭✭
    Have you tried heating up your water? Most films are 90° for 60 sec. Where did you get the film?
  • challenger_rt_moechallenger_rt_moe Posts: 5Member
    Ozark hydro, they say they have had no issues.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,706Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    What activator are you using and how are you applying it?
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,469Administrator El Jefe
    Warm up the water...you are underactivating the pattern because it is not warm enough to stay together...so it is breaking up...
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,722Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    The film was too DRY. Literally. It lost its "pliableness" from being so crispy and dry, that when it unrolled it created microfractures in the film before it was even placed on the water. Hydrating the film only makes the fractures obvious.

Humidifying the roll only MAY fix the problem, because it may have been "micro-fractured" from the vendor. The fractures won't glue themselves back together, per se, but might alleviate some of the symptoms.
  • loochlooch Posts: 1,465Member ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the ozark hydrographics story. Look at the sponsors of the forum they are all good and will back up there products 
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 177Member ✭✭✭
    ^^agreed i got some bad film one time gave them a call and the pulled me some of the new roll and sent it out the next day. The sponsors on here are great and they sell the best product