Center console dip advice — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Center console dip advice

pblizpbliz Posts: 122Member ✭✭
How many dips do you guys figure? It is 44" L 8 "W 12" H. I,m thinking a dip per side? Evil skulls film won't stretch 12" over sides without looking distorted for 1 dip. I haven't prepped it yet just starting on it.

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 175Member ✭✭✭
    I think 3 dips would give the best results. But no doubt more work. Plus if your talking about the no evil skulls they ate directional. Might want to do the sides so that the skulls ate facing up and down. This way when you open the door and look in the skulls ain't sideways.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,465Administrator El Jefe

I think 3 dips would give the best results. But no doubt more work. Plus if your talking about the no evil skulls they ate directional. Might want to do the sides so that the skulls ate facing up and down. This way when you open the door and look in the skulls ain't sideways.

This...
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 122Member ✭✭
    Thanks @PagesHydroDipping , @K2Concepts . How long do you give between dips to allow film to bind so tape won't remove? Should I lay intercoat clear after each dip to protect? Cheers.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,184Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    pbliz said:

How long do you give between dips to allow film to bind so tape won't remove? Should I lay intercoat clear after each dip to protect? Cheers.

Film should bind right away.

Don't use really really sticky tape. I'll even go so far as to first put the tape on my shirt (or towel) or something to remove some of the glue.

And yes, I have also been known to toss on some inter-coat just to keep things cleaner.