Football Follies Week 13 2017 — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Football Follies Week 13 2017

K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,321Administrator El Jefe
edited November 28 in K2 Contests
'Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this son of York'

If any of you filthy animals recognize this line I would be surprised. And I know what your thinking..."Did he just quote William Shakespeare in a football contest?"
You protest..eth?...I contest..
The line is from Richard III. The first scene of the play is a soliloquy, or speech a character speaks to himself, by the future king of England, Richard III. Alone, the line is a bit confusing. However Richard is not talking about his unhappiness, but he is actually celebrating. The lines together translate to something like this: the unhappiness is over, and now the wonderful summer is upon us.

Translation...if your team sucks? Be happy because the race for the playoffs is upon us and we get to root (albeit subdued) for the next best thing...Yea I was reaching for that one but it works...lol...

ON TO FOOTBALL!
OK week 12 is in the books so let's get to it. I gotta start with the zany press conferences of Chuck Pagano and Rob Gronkowski...even a 12 pack of crafted brew while bonging it up and hot boxing in my living room could not make either of those worth watching a 3rd time...because the first 2 weren't enough right? Someone chime in on this one, please.

Next up the Michael Crabtree V Aqib Talib debacle...both should be ashamed...COMPLETELY ashamed of that reprehensible behavior. Both clearly came to fight...come on? 3 minutes into the game? Give me a break...fire them both for the whole darn season in my opinion...that crap needs to be handled out by the bus or in a ring somewhere...not during a national game...(que the chain snatch jokes here)...IT'S NOT ABOUT THE CHAIN!...lol...

Cowboys (sorry @smedlin )...what the heck? And I only say this because I endured all the injuries and watched my Vikes fall into in a shark infested freefall tornado into "Loserville" last year but dang guys? As if the thumping they got on Sunday night last week wasn't enough to make some serious changes? That trash bin fire on Thanksgiving showed these guys have no shame in going out there just to collect a check. Forget giving it any effort...Both those games were just like 3 hours in a dentist chair...and then going back 4 days later just for the fun of it...

So this weeks "Bag O Shame" goes to...the Dallas Cowboys for stinking up my TV 2 weeks in a row...not to mention that 6 sack Falcons game 3 weeks ago but hey? Who's counting right?...

And dishonorable mention goes to...the Bears...31-3...nuff said...

Congrats to the 49ers for their first and only win. Way to go Browns..keeping it real for the second straight 0-12 season...hopefully the Chargers will come to town and rescue their season...maybe not...

And this just in...Colin Kaepernick still doesn't have a job...lol...

OK, the rules have not changed...post up YOUR FAVORITE TEAM...there will be no flip-flopping here...this is for true fans who live or die every Sunday on the gridiron...this week? The biggest loser wins...Up for grabs is another ANI Air Gauge from me...So let's hear it for me again...WOOT...

Also as a added bonus? I will match the gauge for any Business Ninja (paying members only...free trial members do not qualify) out of my pocket as a bonus. So if you are a paying Premium Business Ninja and you win? You get an additional air gauge donated by K2 Forums...membership should have it's privileges right?

SO get your picks in and let it begin! Time to start that long walk of shame down to week 16...oh yea...and your picks have to be in BEFORE game time starts...or you will be disqualified...

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,116Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    yea, the cowboys suck. Suck big donkeys.

NEVER EVER in the entire history of the Cowboy's organization, have they gone three games in a row scoring under 10 points in each game..

Till now.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,116Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    O, but i still pick them
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,607Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If I were allowed to play, I would say "GO BROWNS!"
  • Fejery4491Fejery4491 Posts: 105Member ✭✭✭
    I'll take the Vikings!
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,078Member ✭✭✭✭
    Steelers!! They are on a hot streak
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,093Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Saints. They won 8 in a row, so I didn't miss anything from there not being contests recently.
  • PTC_HydroGraphXPTC_HydroGraphX Posts: 1,104Member ✭✭✭✭

This Dallas team could suck start a city bus. GO COWBOYS!!!!
  • versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 143Member ✭✭✭
    Staying with the Packers, I think I would have way too much free stuff at this point...
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 135Member ✭✭✭
    Panthers
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,545Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    This is my favorite time of year in Wisconsin, the wind changes direction constantly... And what, do you ask, is the cause of this? Playoff time... When the Vikings defy the laws of physics and both SUCK and BLOW at the same time. Green Bay's season is sliding into Lake Michigan... My only entertainment is watching the wheels fall off... They always do. 

And sorry @smedlin, no love for the Cowboys either. Each one of them can eat a separate bag of dicks. 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,321Administrator El Jefe

This is my favorite time of year in Wisconsin, the wind changes direction constantly... And what, do you ask, is the cause of this? Playoff time... When the Vikings defy the laws of physics and both SUCK and BLOW at the same time. Green Bay's season is sliding into Lake Michigan... My only entertainment is watching the wheels fall off... They always do. 

And sorry @smedlin, no love for the Cowboys either. Each one of them can eat a separate bag of dicks. 

Well someone is a bitter little hedgehog...lol...

Panthers

No offense, but I hope you win this contest every week. =)
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 76Member
    Panthers
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,545Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I watched Dallas snuff out my hopes for trophies at least 3 times in the 90's... I am gonna hold on to that anger for a while.

and the Vikings? Green Bay has mopped the division for almost 15 years now, and Minnesota couldn't score on the scoringest day of the year with an automatic scoring machine... but somehow it feels they lost at least 100 times to them... separate bags, maybe even 2 each.
  • schidroschidro Posts: 293Member ✭✭✭
    Gotta go with the Colts once again 

I watched Dallas snuff out my hopes for trophies at least 3 times in the 90's... I am gonna hold on to that anger for a while.

and the Vikings? Green Bay has mopped the division for almost 15 years now, and Minnesota couldn't score on the scoringest day of the year with an automatic scoring machine... but somehow it feels they lost at least 100 times to them... separate bags, maybe even 2 each.

Green Bay got lucky with 2 back to back Hall Of Fame QB's...the odds of a third? I doubt that will happen...You forgot the previous 20 years when Green Bay smelled worse than the crap coming out of your pie hole...

Still, my greatest memories are of Favre kicking the crap out of Green Bay when he was with the Vikings...both times that season...man that was good times...

Second would be watching Rodgers go out with that fractured collar bones...had to crack a cold one over that...
    Actually in MANY of my previous posts I have mentioned the decades of sitting and watching a crap team. Lynn Dickey, Tony Mandritch, Don Majkowski, Lindy Infante, Forrest Gregg (as a coach)... This list could be a hundred names long. And I went EVERY year. Sitting in "obstructed view seats" at "Country Stadium". So when we had the best quarterback in the league, I felt robbed every time we drew Dallas in the playoffs. We got the rug pulled out from under us so often, and had to listen to Madden and Somerall's BLATENT pandering to Dallas while it happened.

And screw Farve. This "Welcome Home" crap that they are feeding us makes alot of people mad. He went to the Eagles for a year to circumvent the rules, so he could go to the Vikings and screw the Packers. The team that MADE him, the town that covered up his drug addiction and all the women he cheated on his wife with, the people that treated him like a God... He is a narcissist, and was there to collect a check. As far as I am concerned, he could have gone in to the HOF as a Viking. 
    Again...a bitter little hedge hog...

And screw Farve. This "Welcome Home" crap that they are feeding us makes alot of people mad. He went to the Eagles for a year to circumvent the rules, so he could go to the Vikings and screw the Packers. The team that MADE him, the town that covered up his drug addiction and all the women he cheated on his wife with, the people that treated him like a God... He is a narcissist, and was there to collect a check. As far as I am concerned, he could have gone in to the HOF as a Viking. 

You must have loved the beating he got as a Viking in the playoffs against the Saints the year New Orleans won the Super Bowl. I still don't know how he kept getting up after those hits all night.
    Yea that was tough to watch...always hated the Saints after that...

OK tallying up to see who won this week...

Nice smack talking guys!..Keep up the good work!...
    and @schidro wins again this week...glad I waited to mail out that gauge...I will put 2 in there now...lol...

Here is your "Bag O Shame"....and certificate...

Going to print that out to put on the shop wall. Thanks. Lol. 
    And I definitely appreciate all the hard work you put into this place of unbelievable wealth of information and knowledge. 
    Got the gauges today. Thanks again Jim @K2Concepts. Really appreciate it. Going to put them to good use.
    Nice...good deal...I love giving stuff away...especially to football fans...