Air Gunsa Issue — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Air Gunsa Issue

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,203Member ✭✭✭✭
@K2Concepts or whoever else may know, one of my air gunsa's doesn't seem to be getting as big as a fan as it should be and I don't visually see anything wrong. Where would you suggest I look to fix this? The holes in the air cap seem to be clear of obstructions. This was my activator gun until I got my GPi and then I cleaned it really well to use for paint etc. Did activator possibly get in someone it shouldn't have and gummed up?
Figured since K2 tears these apart a lot, you might be able to tell me where to start

Thanks

Comments

• K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,465Administrator El Jefe
    Well...there is not much to them but if you don't clean them well? They can clog...you can send it in?...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,668Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Activator gumming up? Nope... But Something is in your air passage someplace. Time to start cleaning
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,203Member ✭✭✭✭
    @K2Concepts, well I tore that baby apart, except I couldn't get out that brass part on the front (nozzle holder?) Must be a special tool to remove that. Anyway, actually looked pretty clean everywhere I could see. Couldn't visually see anything that would be causing the issue. Have it cleaning in a sonic cleaner right now while I have it apart to see if that does anything
  • SreynoldsSreynolds Posts: 1,184Member ✭✭✭✭
    If something was in the air passages in the cap it would blow the fan to the right or left more..
    @IceMaster No the brass does not come out no matter what tool you use...so do not attempt it...grab some "Naked Gun" in a rattle can to help clear out all the garbage...that stuff is killer for cleaning guns...
    @K2Concepts - yikes, glad I didn't attempt pulling that piece out before posting here..... I'll check for that "Naked Gun" stuff but I'm betting it's just one more thing we can't get here :(
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 844Member ✭✭✭
    IceMaster said:

@K2Concepts - yikes, glad I didn't attempt pulling that piece out before posting here..... I'll check for that "Naked Gun" stuff but I'm betting it's just one more thing we can't get here :(

I just order some from Oreilly Auto Parts. I'm in California, so you should be able to get it no matter where you live.
    @norcalfrank - how I wish that was true. I live in Canada and we don't get a lot of the good stuff you guys have access too. Gets very frustrating some times
    Man I dunno...no speaky Canadian...
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 844Member ✭✭✭
    IceMaster said:

@norcalfrank - how I wish that was true. I live in Canada and we don't get a lot of the good stuff you guys have access too. Gets very frustrating some times

Sometimes I forget there are tougher places to live than California.....