Steering wheel mark 1 zephyr

Hi all

I have a customer wanting a price on a steering wheel from his mk1 zephyr in twn marble print

What should I charge?

Cheers
Dan

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Difficult to ask pricing. Everyone is a little different on what they deem as "difficult" and what they have to charge to make a profit. I would probably quote $125 if it came to me.
  • UnholyHydroUnholyHydro Posts: 23Member
    Thanks for that, at least I know a starting point, we are in New Zealand so everything costs a little more to get over here
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Of course it depends on what they want masked and everything also. Pricing can be difficult. You’ll lose money on jobs before you get it right.
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 183Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    On stuff I've not dipped before I always state that , "I haven't dipped one of these before. I don't want to over charge ya. Let's do Time + Materials not to exceed your budget". If he says , " I only want to spend $50", then tell him you just don't think you can do it. Always try to get an up front contract with your customer. It's a win, win. If he says he has $200 to spend on it, then come in a little under and your a hero. I also always ask for a deposit to cover the film and paint at least. Don't be afraid to talk about price. People seem to be under confident when talking money. Don't ! He can't get that done just anywhere. Plus you are an expert. charge for it. Good Luck !
    Thanks for the advice, we only do a deposit if we don't have the film in stock. This time we have heaps of marbel from TWN in stock.
    Im hoping I can dip it in one go, that would also be cheaper for him.

Still waiting to hear back on when he will bring it in for me to see
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,407Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would be quoting him as a double dip... and then lower the price when everything goes perfectly. (it NEVER goes perfectly)
    hello again everyone, here is the wheel. Does anyone think It can be done in a single dip or will I need to mask one side off and double dip?
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,651Member ✭✭✭✭
    What film?  
    Update:::::
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    @UnholyHydro 1 dip or 2 ?
    So sorry about delayed response. One dip