Rusty Sheet Metal Pattern for any color basecoat.... — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rusty Sheet Metal Pattern for any color basecoat....

studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,926Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
Rusty Sheet Metal Pattern for any color basecoat....

Comments

• gardnerdddgardnerddd Posts: 220Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭
    I would love to see this on something with a cool base color. The first 2 people that are interested in trying this out, I will print this up to 2 meters per person for $20 a meter, plus shipping. Say "I do!" below.
    First person that says "I do!" below we get a free meter of the above film. Only requirement is that you post pic of dipped film in 2 Weeks from receipt of film.
    IT IS FREE! Just say "I do!".
  • dirtbagdavdirtbagdav Posts: 93Member
    I would but... The chance that a noob would have to post up a failed dip might be too much pressure.

I would but... The chance that a noob would have to post up a failed dip might be too much pressure.

If you can dip regular film you can dip this. Its a whole meter. The only difference is the time you let it hydrate. Instead of 60 seconds, I recommend 90 seconds at about 85 degrees. This is pretty much bullet proof. If it is a failed dip, we can help you get it where you dip it with easy. Custom film will open up options for your customer to have a wider selection of film to choose from. Once you learn how to use this, the depth of your offering is just about infinite.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,557Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'll jump on it. I got an engine cover I can try it out on!!

I'll jump on it. I got an engine cover I can try it out on!!

@DeviousDips - PM me your shipping information.

• schidroschidro Posts: 349Member ✭✭✭
    I need some of that.
    @Schidro - If you are interested PM me and I will give you an amazing deal.

@gardnerddd received the film today. Just got the cover blasted yesterday so will have results in a couple days. 
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,019Administrator El Jefe
    @DeviousDips please keep us updated...
    @gardnerddd one question before I dip it. I've never used custom film printed this way. So which side goes on water? Printed side or other? Also recommended soak and dwell? Thanks 
  • Hydro_Digital_FilmsHydro_Digital_Films Posts: 18Member
    edited November 2017

@gardnerddd one question before I dip it. I've never used custom film printed this way. So which side goes on water? Printed side or other? Also recommended soak and dwell? Thanks 

The side with nothing on it should go on the water. The picture should be looking up at you.
    I suggest about
    82 - 87 degrees for water (suggest 85 degrees)
    75 - 90 seconds soak (90 is my suggestion)
    Cool Activator (Superbrew, k2brew, Dip Juice, TWN 2010, maybe hydrovator cut)
    Tic - Tac -Toe spray pattern
    Medium pass
    10 - 20 second sit time after activate
    Dip
    Rinse

Jr.
    Thanks will be giving it a try here with in a couple days. 
    Exactly what my Jr. said. ^^
    You should find this a little bit easier to deal with than paper backed film as there is nothing to peel off. Just put in tank with pic side up and start the process.
    @DeviousDips - Also, make sure your dams are tight.
  • RedneckrayRedneckray Posts: 218Member ✭✭
    I would love to try this out and send you some pictures, I have been away from the dipping for awhile due to some health issues, but am back and wanting to go full bore on the dipping.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,926Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Back! @Redneckray Long time no see...
  • RedneckrayRedneckray Posts: 218Member ✭✭
    Thanks Studebaker, sure hope to get back into it, might come by and visit and just chat
    Ok here are my results on @Hydro_Digital_Films custom printed films. @gardnerddd. These pics are right after rinse with no touch up of coarse. 
    First I think the film works great. Easy to use, easy to get on the water, and dipped really easy. 
    Water was 88 degrees with 90 soak 10 dwell and k2 superbrew. I would definitely recommend for custom film printing with my experience. First pic was my motor cover which I plan the letters being black and I'm gonna shoot some brown and orange candies to give it a rust appearance. 2nd was my sample pc to see how the film worked. 
    @gardnerddd the only question I would have is the I'm guessing tile lines in between each tile. Can it be one continuous run or are those in every print?
    @DeviousDips - I will check that out, I didn't notice it when I printed. I think I can get rid of the lines. Thanks for posting the pictures, it looks really cool. When your done, post the finished pics we would love to see them. I will also check with @studebaker to see if the lines were meant to be there to make it look like patched metal. Thanks again.
  • studebakerstudebaker Posts: 2,926Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh my God! Those lines are my fault @DeviousDips and @gardnerddd I made the mistake with the way I exported the file. For those of you who make your own patterns, be SURE to turn off the antialiasing when you export your pattern. The software will try to "soften" the edges, albeit the white lines. My sincerest apologies to you both. I will be more diligent in the future. The corrected file has been sent to Damien.

PS, Great Dip... even with my bad pattern.
    @studebaker - Thanks for the update. No problem, I have certainly done that more than I care to share. Thanks again for all your hard work.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,019Administrator El Jefe
    You guys are getting really good at this...
  • Hydro_Digital_FilmsHydro_Digital_Films Posts: 18Member
    Thanks for noticing! :-) @K2Concepts