Black and Brown Hex camo — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black and Brown Hex camo

Gunsmith53Gunsmith53 Posts: 179Member ✭✭
I took 2 colors of a Bronze Duracoat and mixed them to make myown color for my AR. and Used the film from Dip Demon to refinish and rebuillr my AR with attachments from a standard Armalite. I thought I would see what you guys thought about it.

Comments

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,014Member ✭✭✭✭
    Looks great. I love that film. I have my m&p pistol in same pattern
  • Gunsmith53Gunsmith53 Posts: 179Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I appreciate it. Took alot of time. With Duracoat though, you only have a one hour window to dio or, you have to use a midcoat.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,014Member ✭✭✭✭
    I've been wanting to try it but haven't jumped yet
    I like it mainly for refinishing Bun Barrels and things. They have a product called Durablue, that is suppose to come oput just like hot rebluing. It is pretty close but, I have done Hot Rebluing too and there is a difference. But, it's close enough, especially if you mix a little Blue Black with Black. That way you get that little blueish sheen to it. I started oput working with Dueacoat when I started and have learned a few things about it. This was the first time I dipped over it. It is a good base for film. YOu just have to do it within that hour. Actually half hour brcause you need to let it sit for 30 minutes or it's too soft. But after one hour it's too hard. They have a wide variety of colors and textures too. A lot of Films would look great over the textured typew Duracoat. It all comes out about the same price wise. If you have a Business accouhnt with Lauer Weaponry, you get a pretty good discount on items.
    IO have a question for everyone, when usoing the TWN film and the MOssy Oak film. Which Activator works best? K2 Superbrew or Hydrovator?
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,516Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    K2 SuperBrew for TWN films. Also works good for Mossy Oak.

AR Looks good other than the trapped air voids. Little airbrush or film/activator touch up and it would be perfect.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,198Administrator El Jefe

K2 SuperBrew for TWN films. Also works good for Mossy Oak.

AR Looks good other than the trapped air voids. Little airbrush or film/activator touch up and it would be perfect.

This...