compressed air piping — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

compressed air piping

New 2 stage vertical 80 gallon 175 psi installed and will be installing new piping from compressor and around garage shop.

Not sure if 1/2 inch pipe big enough or 3/4 better. Planned to get the RapidAir setup, but really not sure if I should use it or go with straight aluminum pipe or black iron.

I know (or think I know) I need to run some type of manifold first as I have limited space (less than 50 foot from compressor to paint booth / area), but not sure what setup or combination works best.

Any thoughts surely appreciated!

Comments

• winterwinter Posts: 18Member
    sorry, meant to say I'm running a blast cabinet if it matters.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,406Member ✭✭✭✭
    @winter I use the 3/4 rapid air system and I love it. Easy set up and even though the fittings are higher than other methods I think it's worth every penny. 
     I would not run black iron due to them rusting. The only options I would consider is the rapid air or copper piping. And which ever one you decide I would run 3/4 lines and reduce down at your drops
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,761Administrator El Jefe
    See my thread "Opening a Hydrographic Business"...we spent many posts discussing the pro's and con's of air delivery systems as well as construction using various materials...
  • winterwinter Posts: 18Member
    Thank you!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Rate your system for the amount of CFM you need to supply to each piece. That will give you your pipe size