Outlets in paint booth — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outlets in paint booth

smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,061Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
Is it ok to have electrical outlets inside a paint booth?

I've wondered that for awhile.

Comments

• MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,516Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would say no...

We weren't allowed to have any electrical within 3ft of the booth opening. Lights must be vapor tight, and have a switch that won't allow the booth to be on if the sealed covers aren't in place.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,061Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    yea, that's what I figured.

in the process of expanding my little home made booth. New design will be big enough that it expands on some outlets I had run a few years ago.

Going to have to move them...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,516Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If you put water proof boxes in I would think it would be safe. A homemade booth is never going to pass inspection anyway (most likely).
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,061Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    Would I be able to use the outlets? Plug lights and exhaust fans into them?

if I can't use them, might as well as either remove them or just put full face plates over them.
    smedlin said:

Would I be able to use the outlets? Plug lights and exhaust fans into them?

if I can't use them, might as well as either remove them or just put full face plates over them.

No, I just thought you didn't want to go through the trouble of removing them. May be handy for a shop vac for cleaning the filters. But I wouldn't use them while painting. Then again I've seen guys put a regular box fan with non-sealed motor in the window as an exhaust fan. Ultimately your decision. LOL
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,198Administrator El Jefe
    They would have to be NEMA rated...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,488Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Not worth the accident.