Cleaning the tank. — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cleaning the tank.

I am looking for recommendations on cleaning my tank. I just bought my first dip tank, it is used. I filled it with water, and the water is green. when I drained it there is a film of something green on the pipes inside the tank. Is there anything I can use to clean this out before putting fresh water in that will not harm future dips. We are on a well so we are installing a special filtration system to get clean water.

Comments

• IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,150Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 31
    I would try a 50/50 mixture of water and vinegar (even water/bleach may work). I spray it on and let it sit for a little while before I spray more and wipe it off. Works really good on my tank!
  • rblskid97rblskid97 Posts: 3Member
    Thank you.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,488Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Don't waste your money on a filter. Just put a little bleach in every few days, and dump the water when it stinks too bad... It doesn't effect the dip
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,061Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

Don't waste your money on a filter. Just put a little bleach in every few days, and dump the water when it stinks too bad... It doesn't effect the dip

This is what I do.
  • rblskid97rblskid97 Posts: 3Member
    Thanks for the suggestion, the reason for the filtration is where we are at in North Pole, Alaska, we have really hard water that requires change of water filters to the house every other week. the deposits that are in our water make every dip look like it had sand under the print. Just filling the tank we had to change filters from the house twice before it got clogged.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,198Administrator El Jefe
    Well...now THAT's a new one...yea better get some filters...
    sounds like the issue people are having around where I live because the damn wind turbines are screwing up everyone's wells
    IceMaster said:

sounds like the issue people are having around where I live because the damn wind turbines are screwing up everyone's wells

Why would a wind turbine screw up a well?
    @smedlin - they are pile driving through shale and it's filled the water table with all sorts of particles etc. 15 families now have water that they can't drink and it's a horrible brown. Some have multiple filters in line and it still is no good. 4 of those 15 families lost their well altogether because the particles plugged up the pumps
    Wow. didn't know that.

Where about's be ya?
    Ontario Canada
  • mielkewaygraphicsmielkewaygraphics Posts: 92Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
    I know it's not totally necessary but I like a clean tank as well. I hate the little "floaties" is there so I bought one of these cordless vacuums and really like it. I clean out the tank every day.
    https://www.amazon.com/Water-Tech-Blaster-Handheld-Cordless/dp/B0051HODLO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1509563468&sr=8-3&keywords=pool+handheld+vacuum