Devilbiss gpi

pblizpbliz Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭
All I can say is wow. This guns sprays fantastic. Are you guys running full fan and fluid? I just saw a video where he was running full on both. I did basic startup setup , 1/2 turn on fluid after needle contact and couple turns out on fan.

Comments

• RodBuilderRodBuilder Posts: 13Member
    Think I'm gonna pull the trigger and get one too, use it as my activator gun and move the Iwata w400 over to paint duty.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,651Member ✭✭✭✭
    I run mine a little different but it might just be my personal preference. 
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭

I run mine a little different but it might just be my personal preference. 

Yeah I guess the settings change for everyone depending on psi, etc.

• DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,651Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. When I received mine I left it where it was for awhile and then started messing with it a bit because I was changing activators alot and then trying everything I could on mossy oak films. Now I have 2 activator guns. Gpi is always loaded with superbrew and gunsa I switch between ink drink, dip juice, and Mossy sauce 
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 193Member ✭✭✭
    I have been experimenting with hydrovator, super brew and ink drink so will probably do the same thing with Gunsa and GPI.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,333Member ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still trying to track one down but apparently, it's not an easy thing for Canadians to get. Looks like it either has to be ordered from Aquagraphix or K2 and that really puts the price up there
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,254Member, Moderator El Moderator
    IceMaster said:

I'm still trying to track one down but apparently, it's not an easy thing for Canadians to get. Looks like it either has to be ordered from Aquagraphix or K2 and that really puts the price up there

I believe it's an exclusive for Jim in America. I may be wrong, though.
  • IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,333Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotSoFast said:

IceMaster said:

I believe it's an exclusive for Jim in America. I may be wrong, though.
    That could very well. Turns it into a $600 gun for a Canadian though :(
  • norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 1,046Member ✭✭✭
    Truthfully, I didn't like my GPI all that much for activator. I'm sure it's a good gun, and had huge spray pattern. But I went back to my Air Gunza, which is the gun I started with and works better for me. I sold it to a friend that is painting with it and he likes it just fine for paint..
  • JeremyJeremy Posts: 1,107Member ✭✭✭
    What psi are you running? I tried around 8 to 10 and fan was small so have put it to the side for now till I can figure it out
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Jeremy said:

What psi are you running? I tried around 8 to 10 and fan was small so have put it to the side for now till I can figure it out

We run 8-10. Make sure the regulator on your gun, you air control knob and your fan are all fully open. Fan should be huge.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,340Administrator El Jefe
    All we use...I have 3 or 4 of them laying around here...somewhere...lol...