Cut and Buff

Do you always have to wet sand and buff after clear coating every piece?

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 541Member ✭✭✭
    Only if you get trash in your clear
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you shoot clear in a paint booth you will have a lot less cut and buffing. 
  • rwrogers11rwrogers11 Posts: 23Member
    I'm looking to see if I can find a small used booth, if not I'll build one. From what I understand here in Texas, if you can't fit a car in it, then the permits are a lot easier to get.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,648Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rwrogers11 eptex sells small booths. Ive heard good reviews about them and bad reviews. But I'm pretty sure they are out of Texas if u wanna check them out
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 6,400Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    There have been a few people that have built them here. Look around and you will get alot of tips on them.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,880Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to see if I can find a small used booth, if not I'll build one. From what I understand here in Texas, if you can't fit a car in it, then the permits are a lot easier to get.

Mine is currently just a little cubby hole that I enclosed then ran an exhaust fan out it. It's to small though, so I'm in the process of making one about 8x8..which in my opinion, is to small for a "professional full time" shop.. which I'm not.

Some things I can do myself. I'm really good at working with wood (so is Jim's mom).. so i can do stuff like build little rooms.. as long as I don't have an inspector type person looking my shop over.