Cut and Buff — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cut and Buff

Do you always have to wet sand and buff after clear coating every piece?

Comments

• PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 328Member ✭✭✭
    Only if you get trash in your clear
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,413Member ✭✭✭✭
    If you shoot clear in a paint booth you will have a lot less cut and buffing. 
  • rwrogers11rwrogers11 Posts: 23Member
    I'm looking to see if I can find a small used booth, if not I'll build one. From what I understand here in Texas, if you can't fit a car in it, then the permits are a lot easier to get.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,413Member ✭✭✭✭
    @rwrogers11 eptex sells small booths. Ive heard good reviews about them and bad reviews. But I'm pretty sure they are out of Texas if u wanna check them out
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    There have been a few people that have built them here. Look around and you will get alot of tips on them.
  • smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,458Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to see if I can find a small used booth, if not I'll build one. From what I understand here in Texas, if you can't fit a car in it, then the permits are a lot easier to get.

Mine is currently just a little cubby hole that I enclosed then ran an exhaust fan out it. It's to small though, so I'm in the process of making one about 8x8..which in my opinion, is to small for a "professional full time" shop.. which I'm not.

Some things I can do myself. I'm really good at working with wood (so is Jim's mom).. so i can do stuff like build little rooms.. as long as I don't have an inspector type person looking my shop over.