New Business Need Help — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Business Need Help

bfalesbfales Posts: 9Member
I recently purchased a tank that I understood to be a "turnkey" operation and have had nothing but problems. I ordered the tank in July and by mid august had no response, after contacting the company they promised the tank by the first week of September so I signed my lease for shop space for September. Did not receive the tank until end of September and it was incomplete without HVLP gun controls or filters. I'm now two months into rent and not operating and the controls that were sent to me are not even wired to hook up to the 220 that is already in place. Attached is a photo of the control box I received with no way to hook it up and run the heater and pump. I'm at a total loss of what to do and I just want to start producing a product with this tank. Can anyone help me out with a way to get this thing up and running because i'm not getting any response from the company who sold me this.

Anything helps! Thanks!

Comments

• loochlooch Posts: 1,565Member ✭✭✭✭
    What company did you get the tank from and id call a electrician 
  • bfalesbfales Posts: 9Member
    I bought the tank from Hydrodip Store. This is supposed to be a ready to run tank that I purchased and this is what I got. Doesn't seem right to me.
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,854Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I would be in my truck heading to their house right now. You don't have a complete box there, and they are screwing you my friend.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,923Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep. If you look at that wiring schematic (which is very nice, by the way), that box only has a fraction of the displayed components.

Also, keep in mind that even though you bought a “turn Key tank” you’re not going to be producing a product for quite a few months.

The tank won’t have HVLP gun controls. That is up to you. You need a compressor and proper air system in your shop. A paint booth, rinse station, etc. You have a ton of work ahead of you even if that box was wired correctly. First thing would be to get some goo quality training under your belt. Where are you located?
    I have a paint booth my own hvlp gun rinse tank and have had the shop that I'm renting wired to 220 already so i've got a pile of money in this project already. I just need the damn tank to be in working order. Thank you, I figured I was getting screwed. I will be placing a stop payment immediately!
    I'm in Northern Colorado
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,402Member ✭✭✭✭
    No way would I accept that tank unless they were gonna fix it. 
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,923Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    bfales said:

I have a paint booth my own hvlp gun rinse tank and have had the shop that I'm renting wired to 220 already so i've got a pile of money in this project already. I just need the damn tank to be in working order. Thank you, I figured I was getting screwed. I will be placing a stop payment immediately!

I was just referring to your comment in the original post where you state, "Did not receive the tank until end of September and it was incomplete without HVLP gun controls or filters." It won't come with HVLP controls or filters. It 100% should come with a complete control box.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,753Administrator El Jefe
    edited October 2017
    These guys names come up more and more these days...and not a single good story comes out of ANY of the reports...

I would need to see the side of that thing...where the pink and black outlets are but that's a line voltage contactor...so it will close or open with a switch...not in any way a complete kit or panel...
  • jtagliajtaglia Posts: 2,273Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much did you pay these guys. That may tell you or us what you may or may not be getting. I'd be in my truck also and get some answers, one way or another
    I paid $3,095 on a discounted promotional price they were having. I wired a 220 plug to the box and then connected the pink and black plugs, the problem is that there is no way to control the temperature or the pump.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,753Administrator El Jefe
    edited October 2017
    bfales said:

I paid $3,095 on a discounted promotional price they were having. I wired a 220 plug to the box and then connected the pink and black plugs, the problem is that there is no way to control the temperature or the pump.

Yea there is...just throw the switch on the electrical disconnect...or turn off the breaker...or unplug the whole thing... :rofl:

Yes I was being a smart a$$...
    Thanks for the help buddy
  • dendendenden Posts: 9Member
    I've also had problems with that company! Took them 4 weeks to send me 3 meters of film! They never answered calls or emails. No very professional hydro dip store!