Matte clear

So i haven't messed worth matte clear much before but i just did a 4 wheeler in camo and the customer wanted it sprayed in a matte. When i sprayed one of the pieces I got some trash in it. I know i cant wet sand and buff but can i sand it back smooth and respray?

Comments

• versuspaintversuspaint Posts: 214Member ✭✭✭
    Yup, just like any clear, sand and respray...
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep. You can't buff a matte clear. It will start to get glossy/inconsistent. Just sand/scuff and respray. Unless it's horrible, it's very difficult to see a little trash in the matte clear. Don't be too hard on yourself.
  • onehitwonderonehitwonder Posts: 2,740Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, you only need to spot spray that one area - matte will blend into itself
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 540Member ✭✭✭
    @onehitwonder good to know. I sanded the whole part and sprayed it again
  • TbirdTbird Posts: 7Member
    Hello Again. I m based in South-Africa so it makes it a little bit harder to get some of the products. I am rather very happy with my current 2K Marr clear coats. I like the finishing on my end products. I would like to know though... I have seen some surfaces (Vehicle panels, Branded lighters, etc.) out there with a very Flat Matt finish and yet like a rubbery almost type feeling to it? No one can help me with this texture. Is there anyone that knows what I am referring to? What is it called exactly so I can try google some places here in S.A. Thank you
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 9,404Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yes, there are a few suppliers. Big Brain here in the USA has it. Make sure you apply it exactly per the instructions. It can be a bit finicky.

http://gobigbrain.com/brain-dead-soft-touch-flat-clear/
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 13,342Administrator El Jefe
    Just Soft Touch Clear...just about every manufacturer has it...lay down a coat of regular gloss clear first for a tack coat and then lay down a coat of the soft touch and it will work fine...