K2 Superbrew — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

K2 Superbrew

I got my gallon of superbrew in friday and got to try it out today on two grips for a couple of deep water jigging rod builds. I am by no means an expert at dipping, not even close. I have learned to read the film the few years I've been at it and have really come to appreciate the higher quality products I have started to use and superbrew is at the top for me now, as far as activator goes. I literally giggled after the first grip was dipped. The color retention blew my mind! If you haven't tried it, you're missing out!

Comments

• smedlinsmedlin Posts: 1,432Member, Business Ninja ✭✭✭✭
    agree.. SB is my juice of choice.
  • PagesHydroDippingPagesHydroDipping Posts: 309Member ✭✭✭
    I agree. That's all i buy now
  • JenxJenx Posts: 10Member, Business Ninja
    Is it available anywhere in Australia?
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Jenx said:

Is it available anywhere in Australia?

Highly doubtful. It's just too expensive to ship hazardous materials overseas. A gallon would probably cost several hundred USD to get shipped to you. It's why Aquagraphics in the UK had to stop carrying OHW paints.
  • JenxJenx Posts: 10Member, Business Ninja
    So we need someone to start mixing the recipe of K2 superbrew in Australia to sell locally.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,753Administrator El Jefe
    Yea that's not going to happen anytime soon...the chemicals you need are illegal to bring into Australia...thus the problem...
  • RobyorksRobyorks Posts: 29Member
    Works out £10 more than your 'average' activator per litre in the UK, someone please tell me it really is worth it so I can justify buying some!
    Robyorks said:

Works out £10 more than your 'average' activator per litre in the UK, someone please tell me it really is worth it so I can justify buying some!

It's worth it...
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,854Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    Yep, its worth it.
    Tidy. I'll order some in the morning
  • pblizpbliz Posts: 163Member ✭✭
    It's weird how the shipping price varies for chemicals. I get my K2 brew in same country but if I need to.order from USA, yikes. I ordered ink drink from OHW and it was good pricing at maybe $50 to ship. I was going to try dip juice from PA but he quoted me over hundred to ship.
    Much depends on the type of chemicals used to formulate the product. If just a single chemical is on the "watch list" or even banned in a certain country? The price goes through the roof...many of these chemicals cannot be shipped by air freight because they are hazardous chemicals so that adds to the pricing as well...lastly you have the shipping company itself and that often depends on who your agent is and what they "feel like" doing for you...

I hate shipping companies...I know they have to make a living and all but they usually are the monkey wrench in the whole machine...
    Well, what can I say. Ordered from Aquagraphics (thankyou Eve) First class service from them. Why oh why haven't I used this stuff before now?? Couple of pictures of last nights shenanigans...

Didn't do anything different, just used the K2 Brew. These where all first hits, I'm gobsmacked! Thank you all for the nudge, I won't be buying anything else from now on!

PS: Sorry the photos are jumbled up!
  • RodBuilderRodBuilder Posts: 13Member
    Nice!!!
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,854Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    If only there was some way we could convince all the newcomers of this...
    Wouldn't be so bad @WileECoyote but I have been struggling with activator for three years!

At least now I can crack on and actually advertise for work.
    Be nice to earn a bit of money back, god knows I have put enough into it already!
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,923Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    We say it all the time. Improper Activation causes 99% of issues in this industry. Get a decent gun and a good, reputable activator. Don’t shoot your self in the foot.
  • brando121brando121 Posts: 120Member, Business Ninja ✭✭
    Superbrew is the stuff of champions. hands down the best all around activator ive used yet and ive used a lot ;)
    Easy to say @MidOhioHydrographics. I'm sure you started the same place as everyone else, with a plastic tub in your garage. Shipping costs here in the UK have, until recently, put K2 activator totally out of my reach. Also, the price tag on a decent gun has had me over a barrel. Can you believe, I asked Santa (the wife) for a new gun last year? I was THAT desperate! Lol!
  • NotSoFastNotSoFast Posts: 3,147Member, Moderator El Moderator
    Robyorks said:

Easy to say @MidOhioHydrographics. I'm sure you started the same place as everyone else, with a plastic tub in your garage. Shipping costs here in the UK have, until recently, put K2 activator totally out of my reach. Also, the price tag on a decent gun has had me over a barrel. Can you believe, I asked Santa (the wife) for a new gun last year? I was THAT desperate! Lol!

That's why we tell people it's a very expensive business. You cannot do it well without the proper tools and materials. Those things cost lots of money, especially if you live where they are not readily available.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,402Member ✭✭✭✭
    @Robyorks are you using k2 brew or
     k2 superbrew? I've never used brew but superbrew is without a doubt the beat activator I have used. I have 5 different ones and alot are close to my 2nd fav but superbrew will is in the GPI at all times
    Well @DeviousDips, A mix up with my order meant I got K2 Brew not the super kind. @AquaGraphix was kind enough to send me out some Superbrew to rectify the mix up (thanks again @Eve_Aquagraphix )so I think my next session will be with that, although I don't see how it can be any better!!
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,923Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Robyorks said:

Let me start with saying that I have no problem with people dipping in a tub in their garage for fun. Or to play around to see how the process actually works. But I’m a firm believer that if you are in this to start a business? Then start a business. Your garage could be fine, but if you want to do production, gear yourself for that.

But Actually? No. I’ve never bought a dip kit and never dipped in a tub. My situation was a bit different, but we were starting a business to run thousands of parts a week. We knew it would cost money and invested in the business with (what I thought were) quality pieces of machinery. My first dips were 5 years ago in a 2.5 meter Liquid Print tank. The same one that has been dipping thousands of parts a week for the last two years. You wouldn’t believe how much we spent in equipment and supplies before my tank was even full of water. Again, my situation was different and I don’t look down on those who start any way they can. I actually encourage it! The process is amazing. Have fun and get your hands wet. We will be here to help! What I don’t like is people who want to hack together the lowest quality stuff they can find because it’s inexpensive and expect a large production contract or thousands of custom jobs to just walk through the door because “nobody else around here” is dipping. I do production work for companies from Pennsylvania, Arizona, and even Hawaii. Jim is in California and decorated thousands of game console controllers from Ohio. “No one else around here” doesn’t matter. I’m not saying this to discourage anyone from doing it. Just so that if you’re in this to make a living, then do it! Go get that contract! But most of all? Make sure you’re ready for it when it comes.
  • DeviousDipsDeviousDips Posts: 1,402Member ✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Most ppl right away want to try and land some production jobs right away and dont realize the room you need to even do 100 of parts a week. After doing the Ohio Remote at Mid Ohio shop and seeing the room you need to push out that kind of production is a big eye opener.

I think you misunderstand me @MidOhioHydrographics . I never went into it to 'run thousands of parts a week' That's not what its about for me. Here in the UK, it's still fairly new and people are wary. Mainly down to the cost. So trying to make it cheaper for people isn't a bad thing. For the record, I haven't 'hacked together' anything, I have also put in my fair share and certainly don't expect anything to walk through the door.
    Fact of the matter is, there are so many 'suppliers' telling you their **badword** is actually 'the **badword**' you don't know who to believe until you try it. When I find a local supplier selling K2 stuff and it's way more expensive than the usual I buy, yes, I am gonna ask questions.
    So shoot me, I'm past caring.
    Questions are good...actually listening to it? Is PRICELESS!!!!...
    Robyorks said:

Fact of the matter is, there are so many 'suppliers' telling you their **badword** is actually 'the **badword**' you don't know who to believe until you try it.

I agree 100%. The last few years there has been an explosion of people getting into the game and trying to sell dippers their new “greatest bestest super” everything. Just like buying a car, you have to weed through and ask questions. No problem with that at all, brother.

I do apologize if I came across harsh. I don’t mean to offend anyone. I also don’t sugar coat anything. Either way, if you want to be a business (of any caliber). You need to go into it thinking that way. That’s all I’m saying. If you’re wanting to just do it for fun? Unfortunately the process doesn’t care. Quality work means using quality materials and tools.

The comment of “Easy for you to say” just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Setting up my business and currently running it are anything but easy. I started in 2012 and worked whenever I could while my wife’s income supported us. Young kids and a new business? Anything but easy. Took me until March of 2015 to hire my first full time employee. And most recently Laying off 2 of my 5 employees at Christmas time because my business started losing money? Anything but easy.

Nothing about this process is easy. LOL!
    My comment wasn't meant to rub @MidOhioHydrographics and you certainly didn't offend. I was in the same situation. With the pressure of a business loan to repay, I ended up taking part time work to subsidize the dipping.

If only I could go back and start again with the knowledge I have now!

Right, back to the workshop!