Ultrasonic Cleaners — K2Forums.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ultrasonic Cleaners

IceMasterIceMaster Posts: 1,303Member ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2017 in Tips and Techniques
Just wondering what you guys use in your ultrasonic cleaners if you have one. I ordered one to use on my paint gun parts. I've seen water/window cleaner mentioned for airbrushes and waterborne paints. What about clear coat guns etc? Would brake part cleaner work in one of these or would it be too harsh and damage it?

Looking for ideas.........thanks

Comments

• norcalfranknorcalfrank Posts: 942Member ✭✭✭
    I use one for firearms parts. I just dropped my air brush in it the other day as it was giving me some grief. Not sure if it cleaned it up or not. Will check it out tomorrow,
  • WileECoyoteWileECoyote Posts: 5,857Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I have never had much luck cleaning paint out of tips with an ultrasonic. Hard to beat a weld tip cleaner, and some caution not to scratch.
  • MidOhioHydrographicsMidOhioHydrographics Posts: 8,932Member, Moderator, Business Ninja El Moderator
    I like leaving the parts soak in isopropyl. Works well. Also leave a bit in the airbrush when it's not in use.
  • K2ConceptsK2Concepts Posts: 12,761Administrator El Jefe
    I have done it but like @WileECoyote said? You can't beat a regular tear down by hand....and if you DO use it with a harsher chemical? Make sure you take the small screen at the bottom out or it will turn into a big pile of plastic goo...